Anyone sat a Microsoft exam online?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Juelz, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I swore blind I'd never sit an exam online again due to the frustration I experienced when sitting the ITIL exam, but this seems like my only option due to test center availability. I read online there will be someone watching you as you do the exam.. Do you see this person? Can you talk to them? Also do you get the results instantly? What was your overal experience?

2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Was wondering the same thing - anyone?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I'm only familiar with one form of website where they watch you on cam....cough cough...

Jaron78 and Juelz like this.
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

LoL! Got a link? :lol:

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Well I booked it so guess I will find out soon.. If its a good experience I will sit exams like this in future. I did the system test and it seems quite smooth.. When I sat the ITIL exam the policies were ridiculous.. Blink to much and you would be deemed a cheat.

6. SjoerdHooft

SjoerdHooft New Member

How was it?

7. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I have a mate who did an MS exam, very strict, make sure you have no one in the house because any noise at all and they can stop the exam.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  8. garycul

garycul Nibble Poster

Always make me titter when someone mentions the online proctored exam. I can imagine some setup where Tecwen Whittock is crouched in the corner of the room with binoculars looking at the screen, Googling the answers on his ipad and coughing the right answer or coughing "NO !!!" as the wrong answer is about to be input !

Certifications: 70-697 Configuring Windows Devices, 70-680 Configuring Windows 7, 70-687 Configuring Windows 8.1, TCP/IP ON NT4, NT 4 Server, NT4 Workstation, Windows 95, Windows 3.1, ITIL SLM Practitioner, ITIL v2 and v3 Foundation