Anyone playing

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by punkboy101, Apr 22, 2005.

1. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

Call of Duty or United Offensive at the moment? I'm currently addicted to both, and was wondering if anyone else around here plays.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  2. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

i have both installed but havent played them for a while, im currently playing natural selection (a mod for the hl1 engine) and counterstrike source.

Stu_C

Certifications: Bsc(Bronze Swimming Certificate)
    WIP: C# MCP, MCAD
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I thought United Offensive was just the expansion pack to CoD? lol
    played em lots last year when they came out, a bit too hooked on WoW atm to play much else
    about to hit lvl 40, and PvP honour system came in yesturday, so lots of fun at the mo lol

also picked up a copy of Cossacks 2, always loved Cossacks, and the 8000 unit limit has been increased to 32000 aparantly, true nepolionic scale war :D

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

ive heard alot about this WoW, im not really up on strategy games but i might give it a whirl.

[edit]shows what i know, just discovered its an RPG style game. Do you have to pay monthly subs for stuff like that and if so how much a month are we talking ?[edit]

Stu_C

5. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Just finished United offensive... so cool, last level-Russian pretty hard, but excellent.........

Kat

Certifications: BA (Hons), A+
    WIP: 70-685 77-884
  6. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

i hid under the train for most of the final level, just poping out with my rocket launcher between the bombings.

Stu_C

7. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

Well, let me know if ya wanna do some online gaming. :D

@Pheonix, cool, I'll have to check that out. Knew it was coming, just didn't pay that much attention. :rolleyes:

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  8. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

WoW costs about 9 quid a month to play
    or 25 quid if you buy three months at a time

its an MMORPG yes, not a strat game, but anyone familiar with the warcraft universe from the strat games will feel right at home, its very geared toward the casual player too, something most MMORPGs are not, for instance you get rest XP when logged out in an inn, giving you double XP for a set amount of kills after, tradeskills are easy as pie (unlike EQ2) etc etc

Still playing Dawn of War, as its teh daddy, also Act of War - Direct Action, Cossacks 2, Republic Commando
    and eagerly awaiting Battlefield 2
    you wouldnt see me near a CS server unless I was admining the damn thing for a tourney hehe :P

might go pick up a copy of United Offensive now as you have all peaked my itnerest and i did enjoy the original CoD :)

Bring on San Andreas for the PC I say, nothing better than GTA goodness at 1600x1200x32 with high detail! whoever said consoles had 'great graphics' :D

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0