1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know what is the deal of Microsoft Exam Insurance ?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by gomcse2002, Nov 15, 2006.

1. gomcse2002

gomcse2002 Nibble Poster

Hi guys

I am living in Canada and understand that now all the MS exam takers can get two chances to pass your Microsoft Certification exam

With Microsoft. Exam Insurance, we can retake a Microsoft Certification exam if you need to. We'll have two chances to pass and validate our knowledge of critical IT job functions.

I did call up a MS Learning Partner but it does not offer any more info than the one I got from http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/insurance/default.mspx

So I just wonder whether you guys got any glue about this "NEW" MS goodies ?

Please advise.

Certifications: MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCAS, A+, N+, S+, i+
    WIP: MCITP Windows 2008 server
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

It's a new thing to me - thanks for the heads up!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. fortch

fortch Kilobyte Poster

Yeah, I saw that in MCPFlash. I surfed to the local Partner/Training Provider, but there is no information on the cost. Around here, M$ exams are $125, so maybe they just tack on a 10-spot or something. It appears that it's up to the Partner, so maybe the sky's the limit? :blink

If it's less than 10% of the exam, then I might utilize it. Heck, I'm already being bent over for the original exam cost anyways, so what's a couple bucks more? :rolleyes:

Certifications: A+,Net+,Sec+,MCSA:Sec,MCSE:Sec,mASE
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I got the email from the partner program yesterday. The way I seem to understand it is like this.

Buy the insurance when you take your test for the first time and if you pass you get 25% off your next exam. If you fail you get a second chance for free.

This is going from memory though as I didn't really pay that much attention to the email (which I have deleted :oops: ).

5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

It is insurance, same as extended warranty.

Instead of buying a 'normal' exam voucher from Pearson VUE or whatever, you can buy a guarantee voucher.

These are slightly more expensive than a normal voucher.

The upshot is, if you fail first time, you can re-sit for free.
    If you pass, you can book your next exam for 25% off the normal price.

The sting is, if you pass, even with the next exam being 25% off, one 'exam guarantee' voucher, plus one 'normal' voucher with 25% off, still costs more than two 'normal' vouchers.

So basically, if you are prone to failure it is a godsend. If, however, you tend to pass exams it doesn't work out cost effective.

As someone at MS recently said to me, 'That's the nature of insurance'.

Make your own minds up!

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  6. gomcse2002

gomcse2002 Nibble Poster

Just finish talking to my agent of MS Learning Partner and found out the cost of the MS voucher with exam insurance would be
    CAD $ 200 or (US $ 175) for each MS Exam.

Certifications: MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCAS, A+, N+, S+, i+
    WIP: MCITP Windows 2008 server
  7. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

I call that discount.