Anyone know about Quickcert?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by OceanPacific, Feb 27, 2008.

1. OceanPacific

OceanPacific Byte Poster

Are they a braindump? Even if their not they are extrememly annoying. They called my cell today during my lunch hour, and when I didnt pick up, I recieved an email saying this:

Hello
    My name is Mike Cunningham from Quickcert.
    You recently stopped by our website looking at our Training courses for IT
    Professionals.
    Unfortunately, I am unable to reach you at the number you left. I would like
    to help you regarding your interest in training and certifications.
    Since I am the direct manufacturer I will be able to help you on pricing.
    Thank you in advance for your time and consideration
    Kindest Regards,

George Fontes
    Training consultant
    888-840-2378
    Ext 219
    [email protected]

So I replied with this:

George Fontes (321) 752-9657 1799 Freedom Dr, Melbourne, FL 32940

Is this your information mr. fontes? I have asked you and other people from quickcert many, many times to please take me off their list. I no longer wish to be phoned or emailed. I do not wish to purchase any items from quickcert now nor will I ever in the future.

If you do not take me off your phone list I will call your home phone 5 times a day every day between the hours of 12am and 4am EST until you do take my phone number off your list. This may seem rather harsh but you have persisted in calling me at all hours of the day and have not stopped. You call me while im driving and while im working and it has caused me to become quite upset with you and quickcert and has caused me to question the competence of yourself and your coworkers.

Please CEASE AND DESIST immediately and email a confirmation that my request has been taken care of. Thank you,

-Will Karlsen

Was that mean of me? lol. And dont worry, I used my penname, that is not my real name.

WIP: N+, A+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

good reply to them hopefully you won't have to tell them to **** off as I would. Cert gaurd say this about them http://www.certguard.com/search.asp nothing good or bad.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. OceanPacific

OceanPacific Byte Poster

Thanks, I thought so. I will be sure to update you with the progress I make, if any.

4. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

I had a call from them today as well... from a Manny Serrano. Offered to let me have access to all courses for £600 for the year. Some kind soul gave me a ciuple of links to www.ripoffreport.com and www.badbusinessbureau.com, where you can search out what people say about them.

I emailed Manny back, said I wasn't interested based on comments on those sites, and he said OK.

Alls well that ends well... until the next email or phone call from them... :dry

5. OceanPacific

OceanPacific Byte Poster

Heres the reply I got back from them:

First off....are you (my real name) or Will Karlsen? Either way I found only
    ONE lead associated with this email? I run a pretty tight ship here and we
    take any Do Not Call request very seriously. I'm not sure I understand the
    nature of your email.....you threaten an employee of mine with calls THEN
    question our competence? I'm not sure I understand your point. However,
    you have been removed and we wish you all the best. Good luck and thank
    you.

Todd Orzechowski
    Sales Manager
    Quick Cert Inc
    Specialized Solutions
    1-888-840-2378 ext 216
    01-727-669-1415 from outside the US
    1-727-669-1731 fax
    www.quickcert.com
    www.specializedsolutions.com

So hopefully my nice letter will put an end to this fiasco.:D

6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Why are we giving free advertising to this provider? :blink

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Just exchanging notes on their practices Trip... if we don't say owt, then other people may think they're the only ones getting the calls/emails... :biggrin

Let's face it, the comments aren't exactly glowing... :rolleyes:

8. OceanPacific

OceanPacific Byte Poster

Yeah I wouldnt exactly call this "advertisement". Trust me, I do not reccomend them. Do not give them any information as they will not leave you alone. And despite what that sales manager says, I did ask them several times to stop calling me and they still persisted.

I just felt that this situation should be documented for any others that may now or in the future have this same problem.

9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep! And it's not like Quickcert is artificially trying to boost their search engine rankings by posting "customer testimonials" on the forums.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!