Anyone in to American Tv Shows/Series ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Guvnor, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Guvnor

Guvnor Nibble Poster

Over the years especially through university and college I avoided tv shows I guess I assumed they would be like usual soaps such Eastenders, Home and Away, Cornation St etc

So I passed many offers to watch Lost, Dexter etc despite it being the talk of the day amongst students. I just couldn't get myself to sit down and go through all the episiodes and for years the only American Tv series I ever watched was 'Prision break', which I managed to watch the first season as it used to come on tv.

Anyway recently I have got myself back into it, and I actually enjoy watching a decent tv series. I watched 'Breaking Bad' all of it, which I thought was brilliant. I watched Arrow found it boring after some time, watched Game of Thrones, only because I have read all the books and there are still a few remaining even thought its taken him more than two decades to write them. Seen a few episiodes from others as well such as Spartacus and the other one about the Biker gang etc

Recently I just completed 'Narcos'season 1, which I have found to be brilliant. Looking forward to season 2 now.

What about you guys ?

2. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

At the moment am watching the new series of Homeland.

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  3. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

The usual :- Breaking Bad, Game Of Thrones, Gotham, Supernatural, Grimm, Family Guy, American Dad, Fringe.
    Tried a few others like Banshee and House Of Cards but not a regular.

4. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

I loved Fringe, however that, breaking bad, narcos, GOT, SOA, i cant decide which is the best. Fringe just because of the parallel universe stuff maybe and the moments where Walter goes into his own trippy world.

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  5. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

I must admit, Loving CodeBlack at the moment.

6. Ce127

Ce127 Nibble Poster

Your mistake was watching Breaking Bad first and starting at the peak :D. IMO the only TV series that actually got consistently better and more exciting every season.

But +1 votes also go to Dexter, Fringe, Prison Break and The Walking Dead.

I've lost enough hours on series that lost it after the first batch of episodes but I stuck with it due to hours already invested :/. The Event, Flashforward, Under The Dome

Certifications: A+, MCSA: Windows 7, 70-640, 70-642
    WIP: 70-646
  7. Guvnor

Guvnor Nibble Poster

I've started watching 'The Blacklist', for now and so far I'm liking it, it's different and I need something to pass time until second season of 'Narcos' comes out which I am eagerly anticipating.

I've seen 'Fringe' recommended a few times above, I've read the reviews and seems like some inception stuff which looks interesting so plan to check that out too.

8. mojorisin

mojorisin Kilobyte Poster

for me at the moment The Walking Dead ,Fear the Walking Dead, The Blacklist, Homeland, The Last Man on Earth, Ray Donovan

previously enjoyed Breaking Bad, Prison Break, Dexter, Peaky Blinders, Better Call Saul, The Following, True Detective, Mr Robot, Rizzoli & Isles, Sons of Anarchy, 24

Just thankful for my tablet makes keeping up to date easier lol

WIP: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services MD-100
  9. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

+1 for Mr Robot.

mojorisin likes this.
  10. thehappyone

thehappyone New Member

1. GOT
    2. BB
    3. TWD
    4. SOA
    5. The Wire
    6. Suits
    7. Homeland
    8. Vikings
    9. Mr Robot
    10. House of Cards
    11. Marco Polo

classics
    1. Lost
    2. Prison Break
    3. Heroes

GOAT has to be Game of Thrones.

Comic book shows have all been a huge disappointment, Arrow Gotham Flash etc, but if I had to pick one then daredevil.