Anyone in the Bristol area looking for work?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Baba O'Riley, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Hi all,

We are going to have a few positions opening up soon in the department I work in if anyone's interested in me putting their name forward. It is in the "Operations Team" of our IT department, mainly using VMS, all training would be provided so no experience necessary. The job is quite business oriented, but after six months you can start applying for other roles that aren't as business facing.

It is a large department where we have teams of application, Windows and web developers as well as server support, desktop support and comms to name a few off the top of my head. They generally look to hire from within the department when a new position comes up so it is a good oppurtunity to get on the ladder, whatever role you fancy. For example, the other week one of my colleagues was offered a role as a trainee COBOL developer and I am currently looking at a move over to Desktop Support (probably 2nd to 3rd level support).
    It's a large, international financial company so there are some other perks, like the chance of working abroad if it arises (which it does quite often) - We have offices in Oz, South Africa, Ireland, Germany and North America to name a few.

The salary is reasonable and you can probably expect a raise after six months. The main drawback of the actual position in question is that it's shifts that cover a 24/5 basis with some weekend on-call cover but all other positions in the department are business hours with on-call rotas for evenings and weekends so you would only have to put up with shifts for a few months and then you could look at a move elsewhere.

I can't think of much more to say, but feel free to post any questions or PM me and I will try and answer them.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  2. Baba O'Riley

Hi guys, another position is opening up in the new year as above. We are beginnning to take on more and more work from other teams so it's a great way of cutting your teeth on lots of different systems in AD/Server 2k3 and VMS environments.

PM me if you're interested so I can pass on a CV to my gaffer.:D

3. Baba O'Riley

Just a bump. Already had some interest.

4. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Baba if only this had happened last year. I used to live in South wales just past Cardiff and wouldnt mind moving back and my parents tsill ive near Bridgend. However my kids are settled here now and im in work (not fantastic but pays bills).

Always jsut my luck lol

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  5. Alex Wright

Alex Wright Megabyte Poster

Baba,

Please check your PM's.

Alex

Certifications: 70-680 Configuring Windows 7
    WIP: 70-642
  6. Baba O'Riley

PMs checked.:D

Twizzle, there're always jobs being advertised where I work as it's such a fast growing company. I don't usually think about posting the ones that don't interest me and most of them are for developers. I'll try to remember to post them whenever they come up.