Anyone heard of Repairline?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Lord Deckard, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcengineer

pcengineer New Member

Who are Repairline?

They a company based in Castleford who have contracts to repair PC under warranty for companies such as Mesh, Medion Zoostorm etc, and cover the UK.

Why such a fuss and why a lot of interest in these forums?

Lets put the record straight, repair line have to be the worst employer ever and must qualify for the "Employer from HELL" award, around 8 jobs a day covering 200 - 300 miles they allow half hour per job and job till finish sometimes arriving at customers homes 9pm or 10pm at night, 75% are wrongly diagnosed with most engineers having to return. D.O.A. parts are often sent out they use system pulls, graphics cards are the worst, often the fan is ceased and full of dust. Most engineers who have left are owed money in one form or another, just read " the truth about repairline" in Romulus and you will get the idea.

But it is ex employees complaining is it just a grudge?.

No - Simple this company have no customer service skills and I would estimate that 80% of customers who have had dealings with Repairline are unhappy, customers have the worst end of the deal, remember they often think you are from the supplier and in most cases complain to them, I have known customers to be without a PC for over a month, on one occassion visited a customer 5 times and on each occassion the graphics card was dead, this customer was on old man who only had his PC for company and relied on it to keep in touch with his family in Canada, when I rang in to the office to book the job again and told them them the customers situation the reply from a Director was "Tell him to stop moaning the stupid old git" - speaks for itself.

Look if this was a decent company there would be no need for them to be on these forums, however the truth is they are and all prospective employees and customers must know who they are dealing with, they might appear to be proffessional but believe me they are far from it.

I don't care how long it takes but I will continue to pursue Repairline for monies owed until I get justice, I have written to BBC Watchdog and Rogue Traders and welcome any ex employees who have been ripped off to do the same as they require more than one complaint to investigate.

I have have posted this to try and ensure that no one else becomes victim and hope people listen.

2. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

OK, before this thread goes too far, I would just like to state here and now that the opinions of CertForums Members that post on these forums are not necessarily the opinions of the site management.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  3. ryanofscarb

ryanofscarb New Member

Yeah, the d-link on Romulus is Jim from RepairLies, the d-link on here is probably someone they didn't pay - pretending to be Jim.

Jim is very bad at his job, he wouldn't have said a bad word about the company because he can't get a job anywhere else.

4. pcengineer

pcengineer New Member

Can anyone please confirm if Repairline are still based at Carrwood lane, Castleford?. I was informed on the 25th October that they had ceased trading there.

5. union jack

union jack New Member

hello disrepairline

6. union jack

union jack New Member

Does Lucy still work @ disrepairline

7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

If anyone has any more completely "unuseful" posts for this thread ("disrepairline"?), please keep them to yourselves. Either let this thread die a quiet death or I'll be forced to lock it. Thanks.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  8. pcengineer

pcengineer New Member

Probably good idea to lock it.

All I wanted was some useful info that could possibly help get money that is owed, not only to myself but there are quite a few ex-repairline engineers out there who have had the same experience and i also hoped that other possible employees could before joining them get some idea on what they might be letting themselves into.

I do not want this to get into a slanging match and people being disrespectful my name dropping, the dispute is between ex-employees and the directors, not all the staff were bad people.

I have not mentioned any names in any of my posts, those responsible at repairline know who i am talking about.

I will not be submitting anymore posts on this subject, however if anyone does have some USEFUL information then please PM me.

9. Uber_Tech

Uber_Tech New Member

They appear to still be trading if you look at these two links:

http://www.workfinders.net/jobs/job.asp?id=51897

http://www.cwjobs.co.uk/JobSeeking/job34080999.html

A search on companies house yields looks like they are still going BUT lists 2 repairlines at 2 different addresses. However the one NOT listed at Carr Wood Road happens to have the same company number as the one that was listed on their website before it went down. The one at Carr Wood Road is using a different number. So... I would say they may be switching between companies in order to get around court orders perhaps?
    One thing to bear in mind is that they are a limited company and if things got a little too heavy legal wise. They can wind up and walk away ( the directors that is - and there is another one no-one knows about but IS named in this thread, A simple search on the companies house website reveals the name :D

Yes i used to work for them! Yes i got stung when i left but i expected that and minimised the amound owed to me as much as possible :dry

As far as i know. Lucy is still working there. She is the daughter of one of the directors friends so despite her being all nice on the phone. Is probably in it as much as the "other" suspects!

I wouldnt wish working for repairline on any of my enemies. 8 - 10 jobs a day. anywhere upto 300 miles a day. All jobs MUST get done or they go nuts at you. Jobs could be installing a motherboard and then runnning a vista image that takes 45mins to do. so that and the motherboard swap put you at an hour per job. Coversely it could just be a RAM module swap. Some you win, Some you lose. You "have to take the rough with the smooth" - thats a phrase many ex employess will be familiar with. Along with " we appreciate you doing this" - always was a classic that one!!

They give you refurbished and untested parts. The diagnosis of faults is woeful at best. They expect you to lie to customers on their behalf. Give you unsafe vehicles and when you mention the brakes need doing or tyres need changing they go into one as you are costing the company money. well in a van that does 800 - 1500 miles a week ( as they have no concept of routing jobs in one area on one particular day ) what do they expect?

Yes you can claim we are all bitter ex-employees. But, when everyone is saying the same thing. Doesnt it make you wonder.....?

Certifications: MCSE, A+, Network+, Server+
  10. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Not that this hasn't been fun, but there's not much point in continuing this thread so I'm officially shutting it down. Time to move on. Nothing else to see here.

Certifications: A+ and Network+