1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone got snow in the UK

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by MrNerdy, Apr 6, 2008.

1. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

Woke up at 0600 to go to the gym & snow was about 3 inch's deep outside.
    Seems even London got snow for once, more predicted by the weather people for tonight.
    If you live in the UK have you got snow?

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  2. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Yep, up here in Northants, we got snow :) However most of it has already melted - can't believe it snowed, it's so sunny now.

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

It's snowing now but it's too wet to lay. It makes a change for the South to get it, it normally my part of the country that gets it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

For about 2 hours this morning, sunny now. No snowmen... No days off work...

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  5. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Here it has been snowing on and off for most of the day.

For things not on the ground, like the beams of my pergola, the snow is about 2 inches. On the ground it has melted.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  6. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

It wasn't snowing around 4.30 when I happen to wake, but by 7.30 we had a good 3/4 inches on the ground.
    Took the girlfriend to the tube station, and then spent an hour driving around taking photographs - good fun :)

Even managed to do a time lapse movie over an hour of my street with the snow falling slower/melting.

Virtually all signs that it has snowed has now gone!

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  7. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Its been snowing for an hour or 2 today, none of its lying tho coz its too wet.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  8. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Wow! the snow was falling for about two hours this morning and now its kind of sunny does not look like it snowed at all. Heh! that's the British weather for ya:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  9. AJ

AJ Administrator Administrator

Was up at 6.30am this morning and there was around 3" of snow on the ground but not on the patio or roads. All melted and gone by 11am :(

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Looking at doing ..................
  10. dales

dales Gigabyte Poster

well heres a pic of one of my chickens this morning at about 10 o'clock, there really were not sure what to do! Still my other half and little one and I had fun in the snow today. It was pretty much gone by 7 this evening though.
    [​IMG]

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  11. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

was snowing here at 6 (yesterday) and still snowing at about 11:30 when we headed to the pub for breakfast

cooked brekkie, beer and snow fights, not a bad start to the week if you ask me! :)

as my mate was walking back I kicked the tree he was under and he got covered LOL

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  12. AvD

AvD Nibble Poster

about 1-2 pm, it started to hail then it turned to snow, nothing laid though as it had rained previously.

but god did it put me off work i expected today to be cold as its nice 30 min walk to work. but instead today is nice and mild with lots of sun :oD

WIP: A+, MCAD