anyone got a CCNP voice lab PC running all three apps ?

Discussion in 'Voice' started by fran1942, Feb 13, 2013.

1. fran1942

fran1942 New Member

Hello, I am wanting to buy a PC for home lab use.
    I want to run CUCM, CUPS and CUC on the same machine using Esxi.

Are any of you guys running the three on a single PC ?
    If so, can you please recommend RAM, processor etc specs that will enable me to run these 3 apps on the same machine ?

So far, I have been told I need to make sure I use an IBM processor and I should put each of the three apps on it's own hard drive.

Any more advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

IBM Processor??? I think you perhaps mean Intel.

If you're planning on building up an ESXi box then the more ram you can afford to put in it the better off you will be.

What OS are you planning to run these apps on? If they are disk intensive you may want to consider running the three VM's from an SSD rather than spinning tin to help with your IOPS.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Yeap, running 3 X CUCM's and 3 x CUC's, 1 x CUPS on a single HP GL110 16GB RAM 2.4Ghz processor, on VM ESX 4.0, runs as sweet as a nut. Never tried it on a PC.

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  4. mj_wald

mj_wald New Member

I have CM 9.0 and Unity Connections 9.0 running on a 3.4 GHz i5 with 16 GB ram, I am currently trying to configure the VM for CUPS, however I do not think it will run all 3 at the same time, it is a little slow now with just the two.

Will let you know for sure if I can get CUPS to load.

5. CVoice

CVoice New Member

Yes, IBM are producing their own processors called PowerPC ;) It is a RISC architecture and there is nothing to do with Intel. However in this case I think he meant Intel x86 indeed.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014