Anyone got a Advent 4211 Netbook (MSI Wind Clone)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by michael78, Sep 18, 2008.

1. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Was thinking of getting one but a little put off by the battery life. If anyone has one what are they like and what kind of time do youget out of the battery.

I'm either going to get the Advent or a EeePC 1000H which is more expensive but seems better speced.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

I'd tend to lean more to the EeePC, it's been rated as a very good netbook. Check review sites to be sure though and to get a low-down of both pros and cons.

Bear in mind though that the battery life on any netbook / laptop is obviously going to be shortish

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I was really wanting a EeePC 1000H but it's about £340 at present and I refuse to pay more than £300 for one. The good thing about the EeePc's is that they have a 6cell battery which reportedly lasts around 4.5-5 hours.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011