Anyone gona go for the Vista Exam?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by continu3, Feb 10, 2007.

1. continu3

continu3 Bit Poster

Hi was wondering if there was anyone preparing for the Vista exam?

2. supag33k

supag33k Kilobyte Poster

Not until this time next year for me as I have 3 or 4 other exams this year to do first.

If I was starting out fresh I would do the XP and 2003 track as there will be a lot of these systems out there for the forseeable future.

Certifications: MCSE (NT4/2000/2003/Messaging), MCDBA
    WIP: CCNA, MCTS SQL, Exchange & Security stuff
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Yep, I going for the 71-621 (have to re-sit as there were problems with the initial beta exam). I assuming that you mean any Vista exam, as there is the 70-620, 71-621, 71-622, 71-623, etc (70 means standard test, 71 means beta).

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

70-621 is on the list for me, but since its release has been put back until the 15th of May I may look to do another cert before then. 8)

Alternatively I could just learn Vista until then, but where's the fun in that! :biggrin

5. continu3

continu3 Bit Poster

Has anyone actually installed Vista? and given it a run through?

is it just a bad imitation of the Mac OS X?

I havent installed it yet - but am very tempted to. Just worried about the bugs and stuff.

6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Took and passed 70-620. And, well, there is an excellent 70-620 study guide to be released soon, if I do say so myself... 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. continu3

continu3 Bit Poster

I work in Development and was really curious about the stability of the OS. The system I have says it is Vista Compatble - I also have managed to get my hands on Vista - just havent installed it as yet. So i was wondering if anyone had used it in a development environment...?

8. BosonMichael

Most companies will be extremely cautious before implementing Vista in a production environment. We probably won't purchase computers with Vista on them for another year or two.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  9. continu3

continu3 Bit Poster

Have you guys been seeing the heavyduty advertising Apple is doing I reckon they are trying to recliam the Personal Computer environment from microsoft - where does that leave all you Microsoft guys?

If the general people are as much like sheep as i think they are, and if they fall for creative advertising I think there may be a turn of tides coming in the next few years...

10. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Never gona happen. Oh Crap, I bought a Mac last year! :oops:

:biggrin

11. BosonMichael

I used it on a spare computer at home. Never had any stability problems with it. No, it's not just a bad imitation of OS X.

12. BosonMichael

Not gonna happen. IT managers are influenced by more than just a bunch of trendy commericals... we implement what works. So what if a few home users decide to buy Macs? I wish them luck finding support... (and yes, Macs and Mac apps fail too - I supported two companies who used Mac OS X, and they had just as many problems as the PC users).

Personally, I'm not going to switch to Mac or Linux until I can do everything on them that I can do on a PC at a lower price, better quality, and/or easier manageability. And last time I checked, the gaming options for both Mac and Linux were quite sparse! ;)

13. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

True, same here

I have to say that I see alot of linux & Mac in Windows Vista, however for day to day use Vista is alot easier than Linux/Mac's for installing programs (and the OS itself), network management, etc.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  14. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Since Mac's make up around 3% of PC's out there, I don't think us MS guys have much to worry about for the time being. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  15. Mathematix

Mathematix Megabyte Poster

Do you mean Visual Studio 2005 being stable under Vista? I've heard 'no' and will be keeping away from Vista until Microsoft stabilises the development environment. Even at my workplace the games are still being developed under XP.

Steer well clear is my advice for what you want to do.

Certifications: BSc(Hons) Comp Sci, BCS Award of Merit
    WIP: Not doing certs. Computer geek.
  16. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Although i plan to upgrade my MCDST to the MCITP i dont see me doing it for another year.. i havent even see the final vista in action yet to be honest! :oops:

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  17. brom_star

brom_star Bit Poster

I'm taking it next week, have passed 70-270 & using practice questions from Ebay. How that's enough

18. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I'm not using Vista (except in a test environment) so I'm not really interested in doing an exam.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  19. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Il probably do it sometime in the future, dont think theres much point at the moment coz hardly anywhere will be using it.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  20. crafoo

crafoo New Member

I'm currently using Vista on my machine at work (the one i'm typing on now) and apart from the fact you need a fairly swish system just to run it I don't see any real problems with it, everything looks okay and I haven't had any issues with it so far, running Office 2007 too which is also working just fine. Maybe things will go all wrong if I do something a little more intense on it but for the moment it seems perfectly fine.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: MCDST 70-271 70-272