Anyone else in work today?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by hippy, Dec 24, 2008.

1. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

QFT:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Home now, had an Exchange server that went belly up so had to fix that.

Dont Exchange servers know its Xmas? :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

I'm at work today. Working from home right now. Made a couple of site calls this morning. Heading back to the office shortly to finish up a couple of bits then I am off until Monday.

Would have had to work Saturday installing a server but as it is my birthday on Saturday the boss said I can have until Monday off. Then the bird's folks are coming to visit on the 30th for New Year so got a bit of time away then too which is good.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  4. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Ha! I've just started work!

5. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Are you a delivery person ???

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  6. Mr.Cheeks

I deliver Server uptime! M$ seems to add bugs into their systems to go off on Christmas day Boxing Day, even New Years' day...

7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Who says Microsoft doesn't have a plan? :biggrin

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  8. Mr.Cheeks

9. Sparky

Secretly you want to be doing that though. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  10. Sparky

<sings>
    Are you Santa in disguise????
    Are you Santa in disguise????
    Are you Santa...
    Are you Santa.......
    ARE YOU SANTA IN DISGUISE?
    </sings>

I should really stop drinking.... :oops:

11. Mr.Cheeks

Fella - if it starts to rain, im hunting you down!

12. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Just got home from work. I left at 4:30 p.m. when I realized there was only one other person still on the floor.

Going back out to dinner at 7. The wind has come up quite a bit but it hasn't started snowing yet. Just checked the weather radar and I don't think we'll be able to "dodge the bullet" much longer. At least there aren't many people out driving tonight, so maybe it'll be OK. Frankly, I'm looking forward to getting back home later this evening, having a cup of tea and reading a chapter in a good book before going to sleep.

13. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Oh well. I asked my wife if she'd made reservations for the restaurant and she said that she was just planning on having us show up. She didn't imagine they'd be busy on Christmas Eve. I decided to call anyway since I had a bad feeling. Turns out they're totally booked. They could have squeezed us in a about 8:30 p.m. but that didn't work out, so we canceled our plans.

Bummer. Looks like left over curry for me, tonight. We'll go out some other night when it's not so hectic. At least I don't have to worry about the approaching storm now. Let it snow. :D

14. Mr.Cheeks

i got home from work at 8:30, fell asleep soon after, and now been wake since 11:45ish... good power snoozes!

15. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Not working today and I get the whole next week off!!! YES!!! I really need a week off. I've been doing so many things afterwork hours for a while now that I feel exhausted. I love my job but I need some vacation time.

In our company we are usually half staffed the christmas and new years week. So this week I am in charge in terms of networking and desktop support, next week is my colleague. And of course it's dead quite and we got to leave at 1pm yesterday.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  16. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

So, first job I've got is to upgrade the HBA drivers on our Oracle boxes - they are o-l-l-l-l-l-d. Once that's done I can think about reprovisioning the LUNs - happily it looks like I can do it without getting another load of disks for our NetApp - we've got a spare shelf but the disks in it are 10K and our production DB runs at 15K so that's no good. Seems (at first glance) that the aggregate we've got is big enough for me to re-LUN everything without worrying about running out of space - happy days!

On a more Christmassy note, earlier on I had my Christmas lunch:
    [​IMG]
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM...
    Dios MIO - I put on about ten pounds already - and tomorrow I have sixteen people coming over for dinner...

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em