Anyone done this before ...??

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Quarky, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I don't think it is a get rich quick site.

From the quick look I have had of it, it looks like you register and contact the customer directly.
    I do however, agree that the lower wages people are prepared to work will always have a knock on effect for others.

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

In my book that equates to 30000 jobs a month which the company pockets at least ie for one hour £2.50

£2.50 x 30000 = £75,000 per month

And that is without getting out of their chair!

And yes people that will work for peanuts devalue the industries salary structure - that is why I am no longer a Radio & TV tech - way too many people were prepared to work for very low salaries. Hence I had to change careers in order to find a livable wage.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Pete,

:clap - the maths never entered my head :oops:

Might suit some people; not bad for running a website!

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  4. Quarky

Quarky Byte Poster

Thanks guys,

I must admit, i have my reservations also when i come accross sites like this - it all seems too easy somehow.

On the thought that working for a low wage will devalue the IT sector, i agree - but - i also think its a natural progression. Every day there are more and more entry level IT wanabee's like myself which has an effect but i think, only to a certain level. I suppose the key is to progress past this level, obtain a wider range of qualifications and experience - Then, the low wage effect is much less significant due to the fact that not every IT wanabee can naturally progress past the 'low wage' level.

Make yourself 'invaluable' is what i'm trying to say.

P.S. Think i'm going to book my 70-272 exam next week, only been at it 2 weeks but i feel ok with it thanks to a few tips from this great forum! - Another step closer to making myself invaluable - lol (if i can pass that is)

:D

Certifications: A+,270,271,272 (MCDST)
    WIP: Master CIW
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

The problem NOW is that IT wanabees don't want to work for the wages they're being paid in entry-level jobs. This is why a large number of IT wanabees get educated and certified and think they're going to break into a high-salary network admin job from the get-go... they don't want to work in an entry-level job for low wages. Just think of what would happen if they were told to work for less than that!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. sibry

sibry Bit Poster

Hi

I have found this thread very interesting reading. As a person studying for my A+ and N+ certs i am more than willing to do entry level work and get paid as such. I am willing to put in the hours and learn and as long as i can get by on what i would earn that's fine. I realise that increased experience brings better paid opportunities. Getting the all important entry level position is taking a ridiculous amount of work though.

I have years of experience being technician for friends and family lol but that pay is crap :rolleyes:

I have registered on the site mentioned in this thread as a member of the "IT Squad". No jobs have come up for a few days now but i would be interested to see how it goes. Surely it would be good experience and also good for my CV?

Cheers

Simon

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+ & N+