Anyone doing/done the 70-620?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Luddym, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Hey guys,

I decided to do this one as an elective towards my MCSE, as I will undoubetdly need to know Vista in the future.

My guide plopped through the door this morning (thanks for the tip Michael) and remembered I passed my 70-270 with my trusty sybex hardback. (Gave me a real wristache when I tried reading it on the bus!) Anyway, I deviate....

The book is actually smaller than the 70-270, and after skimming it and fully reading the chapter on installing, it doesn't appear that there is that much fundamentally different, and the differences there are aren't too complicated.

Just wondering if anyone has taken this exam yet, and if so how long did it take to study, and what previous exams/skills did you have previously.

Thanks in advance guys. (And a quick thumbs up to say I like the book so far Michael.)

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You're welcome! And if it turns out to be useful, PLEASE rescue the book's rating on Amazon.co.uk! Someone threw up a 2-star review! :ohmy And then threw a UCertify plug on top of it! :dry

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Have both the microsoft and sybex books. Doing the exam in sep. Almost done with the microsoft book havent looked at the sybex yet. Cant really comment on the quality of content in the two books until I (hopefully) pass the exam but I have to say so far I dont think that 620 is gonna be very difficult if your doing it straight off the back of 270 and have vista experience. If I feel I'm not gonna have any probs with it then with u being that much further down the cert track and with experience you should be fine and then some. Preparation preparation preparation:biggrin

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  4. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Excellent, thanks for that Skulker Boyo.

Theres 11 chapters in the Sybex book and I'm through the first 3 without any real problems.

It was over 12 months since I did the 270, and even then I passed with a whopping 700 score, so I don't want to get to complacent. But right now, it feels like a real breath of fresh air covering a fair amount of stuff I pretty much already know, and think I'll try and pass this within a few weeks before going back to the arduous task of the 291.

5. PAT

PAT Banned

i was just about to ask this, i to have decided to do this as part of my MCSE 2003

6. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Are you doing it as your client Exam? Or as an elective?