Anyone doing CCVP?

Discussion in 'Voice' started by Pete01, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Pete01

Pete01 Kilobyte Poster

Been having a look at CCVP, a fair few exams there but would definitely be worth it.

Not wanting to get ahead of myself but if(when) I get my CCNA I think I'll take this path next.

Anyone done/doing it and can share any opinions on it?

Certifications: MCP (NT4) CCNA
    WIP: 70-669, Learning MSI packaging
  2. Jonathan

Jonathan Nibble Poster

I've thought about it but as I dont currently work in that area am going to leave it for the time being and am going to do CCNP instead. Its very expensive to setup a home lab to do CCVP.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP BSCI
  3. terminalvelocity777

terminalvelocity777 New Member

Hi,

I have finished CCVP iots a really good cert to go for as they are so short of CCVP's etc.

There are a lot more books etc on the subject compared to Dec last year when i finished mine, but i would reccomend you do a course of some sort or get some cbt's

Certifications: CCNA, CCDA, CQVPNS, CIPTD, CIPTOS,CCVP,C
    WIP: CCIE Voice Written Passed lab to go
  4. Mardis

Mardis New Member

Hi,

I am doing CCVP and it is exciting and highly demanded. That is why in the first place i chose CCVP over others. I do get little experiance with my current job but hoping to change as soon as i get the CCVP.

Problem I also came across is setting up a home lab is expensive, and took rack rentals and bought few form ebay cheap once.

5. TerryG

TerryG New Member

I have just started studying for my CCVP, I am adapting my 2600 series routers and getting the appropriate vic cards and nm-2v modules from ebay.... decided to pursue this before CCNP as it is more relevant to where I am working.
    Starting with 642-432 CVOICE exam and will then decide which one next, hoping to complete the CCVP by christmas.

Terry

Certifications: MCP,CEH, CCNA
    WIP: CCVP
  6. phatboy

phatboy Nibble Poster

I have heard that all the Cisco Professional exams seem to assume you will have already done the CCNP, is this true?!

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCA 5.0, MCP 70-290 70-270 70-431
    WIP: CCNP R&S, CCNA Wireless
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Well, let's put it this way... if you decide to "skip over" the CCNP, then unless you already know the content covered by the CCNP, you'll have a VERY difficult time doing the CCSP, CCVP, or CCIP tracks.

The CCDP track is doable without the benefit of the CCNP.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. Nida Samol

Nida Samol New Member

HI !! FOR MY SITUATION , I HAVE NO MY OWN LAB AND I NEED TO ATTEND THE TRAINING CLASS...RIGHT NOW I JUST NEED TO PREPARE FOR THAT CLASS SO I ASK EVERYBODAY TO GIVE ME SOME RESOURSES . THANK