1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Been Thailand?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Node, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Node

Node Byte Poster

Hi guys,

I'm planning a well earned break for next year and im considering going thailand for 5-7 days, I was wandering if anyone has been there and can recommend hotels and places to go! Thanks!

Certifications: MCSA, MCSE,
  2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I was there about 14 years ago. Probably all changed by now.

It might help if you tell us exactly where in Thailand you'll be.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. jiggy

jiggy Nibble Poster

Ive been to Phuket and stayed at the Katathani hotel about 3 years ago. It was very very nice and kind of out of the way of the real touristy sections although only a short tuk tuk ride into tourist-ville. I got a couple of suits made up while I was out there which were very cheap but great quality. Locals are very friendly although do get a bit tired of them "encouraging you" to buy stuff off them. Overall would definitely recommend a visit.

Jiggy.

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: ABC's
  4. Matthew Tailor

Matthew Tailor Banned

Thailand is a great place to visit, most things are relatively cheap. It can get very hot over there so be prepared!

Certifications: MCSD, MCPD
    WIP: MCPD 2008 (3.5)
  5. jackd

jackd Megabyte Poster

Ive been to Bangkok and somewhere else (cant remember where) a couple of years ago (i think 2 or 3) but anyway Bangkok is a wonderful place. If you go to Bangkok you'll definatley enjoy flying around the city in TucTuc's haha :)

Jack

6. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Check the political situation before you book - it seems to be a bit 'heated' at the moment.

Some info here.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+