1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anybody work for o2

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by leeroy2612, Sep 10, 2007.

1. leeroy2612

leeroy2612 Byte Poster

howdi peeps,

Im due to start work for o2 on 24th sept. Its not exactly the direction i was hoping to go down to get into IT, but after 4-5 months of unsucsessful applications, i wasnt really in a favourable position to be picky. Obviously im only starting out in the caal centre side of the business, but there are many other departments. I was just wondering if there might be anyone in here that is 'lucky' enough to work in the IT department the any of the o2 branches and knows how i could get my foot in the door/who i need to sleep with. Im at the bury branch in manchester.

Certifications: ecdl 1,2
    WIP: A+, mcse
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Mate, take it !!! It is your start.

I turned down a 2nd line job with them earlier this year, simply because it was only an advancement within the call centre environment, which I wanted out of (having, I believe, fully served my time, whilst doing "homers" in my own time). and it involved some travel arrangements that didn't suit, and shifts I didn't fancy.

But if this is your first step ? TAKE IT !!! They offer some very good conditions and benefits - if you have nothing better, then you'd be daft not to.

All, of course, just my humble opinion :)

EDIT: Oops, sorry - just re-read that you TOOK it already. :oops:
    The rest above stands. Good luck, mate :thumbleft

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. leeroy2612

leeroy2612 Byte Poster

pray tell... they've told me about the 10% bonus twice yearly, which i assume is dependant on performance. thats all i know really, i would appreciate it if you could fill the gaps in for me:biggrin :biggrin.

4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Erm, it was a few months ago now, Lee, so the offers are a bit vague in my mind, but as I recall, there were health benefits, subsidised canteen, and gym, plus a special bus from town.

This was in teh Glasgow call centre tho - I can't vouch for other locations. If you got this through an agency, why not give them an informal call and ask them ? I'm sure they'd still have the job spec on record (they surely can't be THAT bad ??!!)

:tongue

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. leeroy2612

leeroy2612 Byte Poster

no such luck on the transport, luckily the missis' passes near by on the way to work so it shouldnt be too bad. plus there is quite a decent rec area to chill out while im waiting. right this isnt helping me study so ttfn.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: