1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody taken 70-526?

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by Hangleton, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Hangleton

Hangleton Bit Poster

Hello,

I've been self-studying 70-526 from the Microsoft Training kit, and also writing some small applications for my own personal use to get a broader knowledge.

I've been getting along fine.. or so I thought. So in readiness for taking the exam, I got hold of the Transcender exam prep, and lo and behold I find a quite a lot of questions about stuff I never knew existed...

Now I know the Microsoft training kits are not reknowned for their completeness, but I hadn't quite prepared byself for the gap I've come up with here.

Has anybody out there taken the 70-526 exam? Is the Transcender exam prep being extra scary, or is the exam really that difficult (and the training kit really that naff)?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Certifications: MCPD EA, MCDST, MCTS SQL
    WIP: MCPD .NET 3.5, MCITP Vista
  2. Hangleton

Hangleton Bit Poster

Well, I've decided to take the plunge and go for this exam. I'm up against it on Wednesday morning. Anybody have any tips for me?

One guy I spoke to said it's easier than 70-536, but I'm not quite so confident as I was of that one.

Andy

3. wideboy_west

wideboy_west Bit Poster

Good luck :biggrin

4. Hangleton

Hangleton Bit Poster

Happy, happy...

Passed with 880 - much easier than I expected, just a few questions which threw me.

I'm glad to see the back of that one. 70-528 or 70-431 next - Haven't quite decided yet.

I'm off to treat myself to bottle of red.

Andy

PS thanks for the good luck wishes.

5. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. lyndonw

lyndonw Bit Poster

Congrats, Ill know where to come for some help when the time comes ;)

WIP: CCNA
  7. Hangleton

Hangleton Bit Poster

Thanks - happy to provide input if anybody would find it useful - just ask.

Andy