Anybody got any views OCZ or Enermax PSU

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by greenbrucelee, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Heh, I got to end of page 1 of this thread and didn't realise there was so many posts in between. Probably just repeated advise others have already given, ah well.

Nice one, I also have a 700w supply also. I opted for STORM PSU which was modular and seemed like a great buy. Cost me about 60 quid I think it was. I do rate Antec quite highly as well. I still have a 450W Antec that is now going strong in another system and is about 4 years old now. That's running an X2 4200+ with a 8800GTS 320Mb no problems.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I'm sure you are right on this. Most PC's don't draw down anywhere near the full capacity of the high end supply's fitted. Having said that, I would rather have a more powerful PSU than I need that has a fair bit of headroom for upgrading and also so it's not near it's peak load all the time. I think it's less likely to fail if it's not being overly stressed by the demands put on it. Seems like good sense, don't know if stat's would bear out the theory or not. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

me too, I'd rather have a PSU thats got the capacity to take whats thrown at it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?