Anybody done CCSA or higher level Checkpoint exams?

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by BraderzTheDog, Jun 22, 2012.

1. BraderzTheDog

BraderzTheDog Kilobyte Poster

Dear all,

Any body completed the checkpoint vendor exams? More thank likely as part of my new job I will go down this route of qualification... but my main question is, should I be purchasing lab equipment like with Cisco kit? Or are the exams almost all theory based?

Its my stingy side that doesn't want to shell out for a hardware firewall just for labbing.

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA-SEC, CCSA, JNCIA FWV, MCITP, MCTS, MTA, A+
  2. demarrer

demarrer Byte Poster

Hi,

For the CCSA, you can download the secureplatform image and create a the Firewall gateway VM (or two if you want to try clustering), the management server as a VM. On the iso you also have the windows smartdesktop/tracker etc clients which you install on your pc to connect to your virtual management server. It would be incredibly expensive to by checkpoint hardware just to study for the exams. For the VM's you dont need a license however the trail license (including all blades) only lasts 15 days.

Unfortunately also, the official training material doesnt help you prepare for the exam. From my experience, you will also have to study all the administratation guides/command line guide and also get as much hands on as possible.

I'm about to start the studying so I'll let you know :)

Certifications: A+, Security +, CCNA, CCSA
    WIP: music, (dreaming of) CCIE Security :D
  3. darkeden82

darkeden82 New Member

I have all the r76 official material... Contact me in pvt for details

4. darkeden82

darkeden82 New Member

Ccsa is very easy but you have to do a lot of practice... Or follow the official labs