1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any tips before exam ? Trocoll House, Barking

Discussion in 'A+' started by raziel, Feb 7, 2012.

1. raziel

raziel Bit Poster

Hi

In next couple of days I have 701 exam. I'm realy nervous :rolleyes: So I have couple of questions :oops: :

1) any tips before exam ? Like an example of very tricky question, or anything like that ?
    2) Let say that I pass first exam (701) but fail second (702). I understand that I have to repeat only 702, not both, right ?
    3) I bought exam via Prometric. My Appointment Summary says that it is "CompTIA A+ Practical Application (2009 Edition) Exam". So does it mean that no Win 7 questions ?
    4) I have this exam at Feligrace Ltd, IT Test Room, Trocoll House, Wakering Road, Barking. Did anyone have exam over there ?

Cheers

2. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

I have my 220-701 and 220-702 both booked on the 27th February in Plymouth.

If you pass one, and fail the other, then you would just need to re-sit the failed one to become certified.

As far as I can see from my training materials, there will be XP, Vista and perhaps Windows 7 questions - check the latest objectives on the CompTIA website for clarification.

I have read the Mike Meyers All-In-One Seventh Edition. I am now topping up with CBT Nuggets (use Professor Messer if you do not feel like paying) in tandem with Pearson Vue Exam Cram

I do own this as well, good for seeing what a day to day job entails.

Good luck!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
    Certifications: AS Computing, A+, Network+, 70-680, 70-410
    WIP: MCSA: Server 2012
  3. vitamin

vitamin Bit Poster

Hi mate,

Did my 220-701 last weekend and passed. I didn't find it hard to be honest, however I would say ensure you know the system requirements for installations of XP,VISTA etc also you I had lots of networking based questions which I enjoyed!! I guess the problem is with it all is its random as long as you have studied you should be fine!

I found that most of the questions are written and answers given in such a way that "usually" you can discount a couple of answers straight away and the ambiguity of the questions is removed so to speak!

Good Luck!

Good Luck!

Certifications: A+ N+
    WIP: 70-680
  4. raziel

raziel Bit Poster

thanks guys

5. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Great advice already on here so all I can add is a "Good luck!" 8)

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  6. raziel

raziel Bit Poster

[[
    Content removed as lifted from braindump material.

Raz, if you continue to post such questions, your account will be suspended.]] - Bluerinse

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2012
  7. raziel

raziel Bit Poster

I passed 701 with score 786 :D On Monday 702 :rolleyes:

8. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Congrats!

9. raziel

raziel Bit Poster

thatnks :D

Is that true that after I pass A+ I still have to do some kind of refresh in a period of time, or since I get certyficate it's permanent ?

10. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Every 3 years, although I believe if you sit the N+ or S+ it automatically renews all your previous certifications - might be quite handy to save one for a year or so down the line (ie: S+)

11. raziel

raziel Bit Poster

I did it, I passed 702 today with score 800 :p I've got A+ cert :D

Boffy likes this.
  12. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

I am booking an exam at Trocoll house for saturday! Whats the parking like there?the exam centre i used to use no longer does prometric exams :(

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation
  13. raziel

raziel Bit Poster

Well there are 3 or 4 parking spaces but you have to pay £2.5 - 2 hours, £3.5 3 hours, and £ 4.5 - 4 hours. At the first day I had enough coins, so I paid for 3 hours (I was siting for about one hour in the car and learning switches :oops: ). Second day I had only 3 pounds. So I though "maybe I'll be on time" I was late 30 minutes and they gave me ticket (£ 40). I was so happy with my passed exam that I didn't care anyway :D

14. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

cheers! im booked for saturday, just called the centre and spoke to some shady sounding geeza! told me to park in the shopping centre for 2 pound 80 quid lol

15. raziel

raziel Bit Poster

Good luck !

16. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

cheers mate