Any SQL gurus?

Discussion in 'SQL Exams' started by Sparky, May 2, 2007.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Any SQL gurus? Need some help!

I have installed Microsoft CRM with SQL 2005 as the backend database. After the install I cannot connect the reporting services in SQL. I get an access denied error message.
    When I installed CRM it was doing the ‘initial checks’ and said it could not install the reporting services as there was already an instance of reporting service in SQL and also there was a reporting virtual directory. I deleted these and then the install went through.

Reports cannot be accessed in CRM and I think the SQL problem is causing this as I cannot access the SQL reporting in IE. If I goto http:\\servername\reports I get an access denied error message. I also cannot connect in Enterprise manager.

In ‘Configure reporting Server’ in SQL I cant ‘upgrade’ the databases as it says the version C.0.6.54 does not match the version of reporting services so this *looks* like it may be a problem.

Can any SQL gurus help? One million rep points available! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. Sparky

Update: I needed to copy a diretory in the SQL directory and rename it as the script to upgrade the reporting engine seems to generate off the language of the host OS (there was no directory for UK English hence the rename). I have changed the permissions in IIS to annoymous and now I can see some of the webpage.

Still cant access the reports in SQL Enterprise manager though, it says to check the report server version and connection information. 404 not found errors as well.

Any thoughts? Been working on this for 3 hours now! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  3. Sparky

Update 2:

Ok, I can browse the reports section within CRM now, yay! When I connect using SQL Enterprise Manager it says there may be a version issue but since the default reporting databases were replaced when I installed CRM can I expect this error?

Im confused.com !! :biggrin