Any random domino users?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Leehaa, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Just on the off chance, is there anyone here that knows much about domino lotus Notes?

I'm trying to sort a problem whereby a user is trying to enter data into one of the databases. Whenever she goes to submit the data, she's getting "object variable not set"

I checked the obvious - system date, replication history and all fine. Just trying Ncompact, then may as well do Nfixup, but just wondering if anyone has come accross this before?

Usually when this happens, it's just a case of refreshing the views, or the user has changed the system date causing Notes to replicate into the future hence thinking it's up to date with changes, but isn't - so you just need to clear the future date from the history...

Any ideas? Been supporting mainly Windows and wireless issues this week so don't have my Domino thinking cap on!!

Cheers

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Its generally a problem with the application there using in notes, check with the developer if your using notes in that way

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Thanks - yeah that'll be the next stop. Just find it a bit weird that there are a good hundred or so other people using the application at present and they don't have any problems :rolleyes: Also, our developers a pretty good at writing error messages to indicate where the problem is when the code breaks...

4. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Working again :cheers

Refreshed the views, did Ncompact, Nfix-up and cleared the latest rep history - not sure which one fixed the problem :hhhmmm ... but we have another happy customer!!

5. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

first i would of said the views but you said you had tried that :)
    id say it could of been the rep history but you will never know unless you check one step at a time! the banes of troubleshooting

ahh well atleast the clients happy now :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  6. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Lol! No - hadn't tried refreshing the views until I'd written that it often resolves the issue!:oops:

You are probably right because when we next replicated, 9 changes were sent and two received, but in the latest history that I had cleared (which was from about 5 mins before), nothing had sent/received!

It's all good!! :p