Any one in London next week?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by twizzle, Aug 8, 2008.

1. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

As the title says. I'm on a works trip from Monday night to Thursday in London again. So jsut wondering if anyone fancies a drink? I'm staying near Shepards Bush area (i think i, i get lost in London being a Country boy) Just let me know.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  2. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Odd as it may appear, I will actually be in London next week. :blink

I'm in New York from Thursday to Saturday but don't get in to London until the early hours of Sunday morning.

Then I'm straight off to Norwich for a couple of days, then back to London, then over to Dublin for the rest of the week, then back to New York for a few days then back to Cayman.

Fancy meeting up for a cup of tea at Heathrow T1 arrivals while I'm collecting my rental car? Hehehe! :biggrin

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

The closest I'll be to London is Luton next week, don't think I'll swing round for a drink... Enjoy your stay :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Funnily enough i live less than 35miles from Norwich, but will be in London next week lol.

5. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Extremely weirdly enough, I also live, sorry, used to live less than 35 miles from Norwich.

Spooky!

6. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

you can have a good pub crawl round Sheppard bush, shame I dont live there any more, they've even got a walk-a-bout bar old cinema converted into a pub and the old screen is now where they show live sporting events.:alc:beers2:morebeer

WIP: C++ and A+
  7. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Not in Thetford???

8. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Alas no. I'm over there *points* the other way.

One of my few memories of Thetford is how fecking annoying it is that the road goes to one lane on the A11. From Norwich city centre you've a nice 57 lane carriageway which suddenly reduces to one lane each way both about 9 inches wide. Then all of a sudden you see this enormous roundabout, an Esso garage and about 900 trillion cars zooming off to make up the three yard drive until you reach the turn off for the M11.

By the way, is that roadside mobile cafe still knocking around there near the forest? They did excellent bacon rolls there!

9. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

well now the A11 is dual carrigeway all the way from Norwich to Thetford, but from Thetford to Mildenhall its still single lanes.

And yes the Burger van is there opposite the war memorial just after the roundabout next to the forest. And teh Bacon rolls are still great!

10. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Glad to hear it! I used to commute regularly up and down the A/M11 and used that and the Stansted Welcome Break as stop off points quite a bit.

Shame the one lane annoyance still exists. Mow that damn forest down and put in 37 lanes each side!!! :super