any NITLC success stories?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by fastrhino, Oct 21, 2005.

1. fastrhino

fastrhino Nibble Poster

I am currntly wieghing up which is the right way for me to go, in my previous post i have mentioned i had a visit from the NITLC rep, i am still very sceptical, but open minded, anyone out there got their own success or failure stories. I am not going to be making a desision till i get back from my impending wedding/honeymoon and may still talk to other providers too. all opinions are welcome. mick

WIP: A+
  2. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

I have a problem with ANYONE that has no IT experience signing up for these courses and I teach them! (not at NITLC, but I do teach MCSA/E)

Why? Because you are spending a hell of a lot of money on something that you have no experience of. My advice is to go on some night classes for a while - test the water - Do LOTS of research into IT generally, then find the SPECIFIC area you are interested in and do some courses in that area with NITLC or whoever. But don't rush in now - you may find you hate the stuff after a few weeks and its too late then.. you've spent your cash.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  3. fastrhino

fastrhino Nibble Poster

to be honest i thought the same thing too, but it is like eating an elephant, a bit daunting at first but not impossible, the course i am being offered starts with the assumtion i know nothing, so before i get to A+ and N+ i will have to satisfy my tutors i am capable of the study before i move forward. I have looked into local college couses but they don't have a great deal of choice, ie courses for computers and over 50's, online shopping, etc

WIP: A+
  4. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

and if you can't you've wasted your money...

You could try the Open University..
    You could look in Manchester if thats feasible.. loads of companies there...

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Fastrhino,

I think Clyde has hit the nail on the head, my friend.

Buy a few books, some googling, night classes at your local college then decide which way you want to train.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  6. IT 2005

IT 2005 Bit Poster

Dont be a mug try A+ at low cost first, then if you dont like IT you have lost a little money not a fortune.

MCSA/MCSE is for 3 year experience, you will not get a job as an MCSE even if you continued the studies for the 18 moths it would take.