Any info on the Microsoft Certified Learning Consultant?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Kitkatninja, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone (MCT's) on Certforums achieved/received this status from Microsoft? I've been trying to get info on this credential, however can't seem to find any info on the MS site (the MCLC link redirects to the MCT page).

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

So it used to be

an MCT
    get some certs
    submit a case study showing you can coach and customize learning paths for individual needs
    have the client verify the case study is accurate

there doesn't seem to be any public info anymore, but that said a lot of MCT info is on the MCT secure site, for instance finding out what your able to teach (the competencies) with each cert you posses is also behind closed doors

there is still reference to 'training and learning consultants' all over the site and the MCT program guide, so I assume it still exists in some form, but perhaps is no longer attainable?

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

I just realized you gave me rep for this, i kept thinking you hadn't seen the post yet because you didn't reply, LOL
    that will learn me!

4. Kitkatninja

I can always ask AJ to remove it :twisted:

Just heard back from MS, the MCLC has been discontinued :(

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  5. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

yeah it did seem like it was just mentioned for historical reasons

its a shame, it didnt exist for very long, maybe 2 years?
    i remember all the announcements and stuff, designed for the big learning partners to show off there stuff

6. Kitkatninja

Yeah, it is a shame. We would have gone for it as we're now extending our services to include training :(

-Ken