Any Ideas???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dullage, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

That doesnt always work for some websites.

For example if the website is on a web server with multiple websites then the URL is needed to open the website. A port 80 request done with no URL wont return a website as the web server doesnt know what wensite to load.

As the OP cant telnet on port 80 it basically means that no web traffic can work correctly.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Between wired and wirless a lot in speed, connection and security - Cheeks I'm just trying to get more info into the problem!:rolleyes:

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. Dullage

Dullage Byte Poster

The wonderful Vista :dry
    Yup, as MrCheeks says I've tried that one, thanks anyhow :)

also its using a wireless connection but I was working on it last night with a wired connection, same problem.

Thanks again for the help, I'll give a restore a go and hope for the best. I don't think there are any OS/Driver cds :rolleyes:

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network +
  4. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

Dullage,

Have you verified if the operating system has been registered and/or activated?

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  5. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

OH No! not vista!:ohmy I'm using my laptop now as i type this post and that has vista. I've had so many BSOD using vista. I never got any BSOD on winxp!8)

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  6. Sparky

Taking it back to basics but is there anything in the event logs that might relate to this issue?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  7. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

I just could not see how connecting via Ethernet or Wireless made a difference, and just wanted to know what the difference would of been.

Sorry if i sounded rude or anything...

8. Dullage

Dullage Byte Poster

All sorted now :D, I would have posted a reply earlier but the great CF fell to its knees :(

Thanks for all the help :D It's very much appreciated and a big reason why I love this forum so much.

It turns out it was a Windows Update that had caused the issue :x a simple restore fixed it. I do feel rather stupid for not trying this in the first place :oops: Thanks Sparky & Mr.Cheeks for the reminder there :D

Anywho, I learnt quite a bit from asking you guys (Telnet, Winsock, Admin CMD etc...) so not all's lost and I thank you all again for the tips.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network +
  9. Sparky

Glad its sorted mate :biggrin

10. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Good to here