Any guys know exactly what will be on the ICND1?

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by Jonathon Legg, May 31, 2012.

1. Jonathon Legg

Jonathon Legg New Member

Just looking for a overview of what will be on ICND1 from 2012 so I have a good overall idea.

Regards,

Jon

2. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

Your best bet is ensuring you know all the topics so no nasty surprises come up.

Cisco ICND 1 topics:

640-822 ICND1 - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

Certifications: A+, Network+, 70-271 & 70-272, CCENT, VCP5-DCV and CCNA
    WIP: Citrix
  3. BraderzTheDog

BraderzTheDog Kilobyte Poster

Having recently taken the ICND1 and passed, all I will say is make sure you know Subnetting!

Can't really go into any specifics due to the NDA; however you will pass if...

1. You have labbed, be it on GNS / Packet Tracer or have your own kit.
    - You really need to know commands!

2. Can subnet.

3. Just know how networks, network really.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Brad.

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA-SEC, CCSA, JNCIA FWV, MCITP, MCTS, MTA, A+
    Jonathon Legg likes this.
  4. Jonathon Legg

Jonathon Legg New Member

Why can you not go into details due to the NDA? (whats NDA) .. private inbox me if so.

Thanks for this info mate,

1. I have my own equipment i bought of the internet so i plan to use that, and a packet tracer also.

2. I know subnetting from me recently completing a BSC comp net course, but totally different so i need to learn cisco's way.

3. I know networks in general so should be ok with that,

how long ago did you pass?

Could you give tips or help if I need it?

Finally i was thinking, should i just attempt the CCNA exam rather than doing both seperate, but then i think if i can pass 1, i atleast have 3 years to complete the second icnd.

5. BraderzTheDog

BraderzTheDog Kilobyte Poster

Well when you take the exam Jon you will need to accept a non disclosure agreement (NDA) I never actually read the T&C's but usually you can't disclose what you found in the exam. This keeps the certs valuable and ensures you know your stuff and are not just brain dumping.

If you've got your own kit then you should find most of the simulations a breeze, (they were relatively straight forward for me).

Another pointer would be to learn all types of subnetting, with your background knowledge you will probs pick it up quicker than I did. Once it clicks, subnetting is easy! (check my post from when I was studying it. Theres plenty of useful links).

To answer your final question, I passed in April so pretty recent. Overall its the hardest exam I've taken... Due to the high pass mark and the small amount of time you get. My test went down to the wire, I had 3 minutes left and as a result I would highly recommend taking ICND 1 then 2 as you will probs run out of time. I think the single CCNA exam is for the brave or people whom are renewing their cert.

Good luck, don't give up, it will deffo be worth it when you see 'Congratulations' at the end of your test :)

Any problems drop me line!

Regards,
    Brad.

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA-SEC, CCSA, JNCIA FWV, MCITP, MCTS, MTA, A+
  6. Jonathon Legg

Jonathon Legg New Member

Thanks for all that information mate, I believe I am going to book my exam tonight!

I feel pretty **** hot with sub netting for networks, hosts and reverse engineering. I am going to look at your posts previously as you mentioned to gather more information. Also I need to look over questions which may crop up in the icnd1... other than that it's looking good!

Cheers mate

Jon