Any good youtube sites for studying MCDST?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by MARKMAKAVELI, Mar 21, 2011.

1. MARKMAKAVELI

MARKMAKAVELI New Member

I have used Professor Messer's website before and prefered the interactive style of learning in the comfort of my own home. i am part way through network+ but had my head turned by MCDST.

I've been trawling the internet and can't find any free videos to give me an intro or an overview of the course. I don't want to part with any money until I'm sure I want to go this route.

Please can anybody link me to any good video tutorials etc? Thanks a lot.

Certifications: None
    WIP: Network+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

first of all the MCDST is being retired at the end of june so you have to pass it by then.

Second you could have a look at trainsignal and preplogic on youtube but you would be better of getting the MS press books for the 70-271 and 70-272 exams.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. MARKMAKAVELI

MARKMAKAVELI New Member

Thanks for replying so quicky Green.

I've done the search on youtube but there really is a lack of videos on MCDST. Put trainsignal or preplogic on top of it, an no relevant hits.

I'm only asking because I'm not the best at reading from books, the tutorial videos like Prof Messers are perfect for me. Am I going to have to take a risk an buy the CBT nuggets?

edit: I found your old thread green, working through that now. I am suprised there isn't nearly the same amount of coverage at netowrk+ etc gets all over the net. Strange indeed!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  4. greenbrucelee

5. MARKMAKAVELI

MARKMAKAVELI New Member

I did see that video but didn't like it, maybe it was the voice i'm not sure lol. Maybe I'm going about this all wrong and just need to take the risk and pay for it from CBT or somewhere. Previously with network+ etc I could find everything on the net but this is quite the opposite. I just like to sink my teeth into it a abit before commiting but all that seems to be available it 10min examples of courses.

Thanks again green, you've been very helpeful. Alot of sites just ignore newbs askin stupid questions! :)

6. greenbrucelee

usually if you want quality then you have to pay.

7. MARKMAKAVELI

MARKMAKAVELI New Member

Yeah I appreciate that. Just don't want to part with cash til i'm sure about it. If I did, I'd probably be a few grand down by now as I have tried various different types of IT. Thanks again for your help.

8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I think that proprofs might have something about the MCDST. Not sure though.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  9. greenbrucelee

They do have the odd bit but no videos just info and the odd practice question.

Mark why not download demos from all the video providers so you can choose?