any clues

Discussion in 'Software' started by zxspectrum, Oct 21, 2007.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Hi folks, im trying to get a dual boot set up on my laptop, i want vista and xp etc. when i put my xp set up cd in , it startys off well then gives me this screen of information. Ive written it down as its appeared on the screen.

a probllem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage.

If this is the first time you have seen this stop erroe screen - restart your compiuter. If this scrfeen appears again, follow these steps.

Check yo see you have the adequate disk space, if a driver is identified in the stop messgae - disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for updates. Try changing video adapters.

check with your hardware vendor for bios updates, disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computerm, press F8 to select advanced startup options - then selectb safe mode.

Technical information.

stop 0x000007e (0xc0000005, 0xf748eobf, 0xf78da208, 0xf78d9f08)

pci.sys address f748e0bf base at f7487000, datestamp 367d855c

Thats the messgae ive been fgetting, and im not sure what to do as ive never come across it at all ever.

Does anyone know of this and where do i go from here ??

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. ManicD

ManicD Byte Poster

when you install duel boot onto the same partition you have to install the newer system 2nd

thus you would need to install xp then vista, otherwise you will write over the startup files and screw your whole system.

I dont think this is actually yoru current issue but its certainly A issue you need to think about

Certifications: MCSA, N+, A+(Tech), ECDL
    WIP: 70-294, 70-298
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Have you tried wiping your HDD and starting again (sometimes that clears it), otherwise try the following:

Method 1: Make sure that you have sufficient hard disk space
    Make sure that you have sufficient hard disk space. For problems during Windows installation that are associated with a lack of available hard disk space, you must free space on your hard disk. Delete any unnecessary temporary files, Internet cache files, program backup files, and .chk files that contain saved file fragments from disk scans. You can also use another hard disk that has more free space for the installation.

Method 2: Update the computer BIOSMake sure that your computer BIOS revision is current. Contact the computer manufacturer to obtain the latest BIOS update for the computer. You may have to temporarily disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

See here.

Other users have fixed the problem by using a Windows XP with SP2 integrated, see here on how to do it if you do not have a Windows XP with SP2 disc.

Hope this helps :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security