any bowling fans or players?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by kobem, Jan 2, 2008.

1. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

usually i use heavy balls to throw , their weight differs from color to color . I run
    purple one heavier after black even i am slim .

Certifications: CCNA
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I do like the game of bowling, however since I don't go to the bowling ring that often (it's always very busy and most of the time you have to book hours ahead of your game) I've found that playing it on the Wii with your mates is a fun substitute :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

I used to work in a bowling alley for a year. Was ok and got me game up. Had average of 155 and best ever of 275. Unforunatley i can only bowl straight, can never seem to curve or spin it just right.
    Also play it on the Wii against me kids, and lose every time. I can spin it no problem there, never get a straight ball!

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

just twist your wrist as you are releasing the bowling ball then it will curl. :biggrin

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

I know the theory, just can never get it to work in practice. An my uncle, who was a bowling league champion and part rtime coach has shown me. I just cant get it!

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

That's funny, I have a hard time spinning/curving the ball at the bowling alley (can only bowl staight). Yet on the Wii I have problems bowling straight :lol:

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I can't bowl straight :blink I have always curled it. It looks cool aswell 8)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

you are right though if you can throw it straight and ball you carry is heavy , most of time
    you hit strike

Certifications: CCNA
  9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I don't play very often, but when I do, I enjoy it. I'm not very good... my best is a 206 (16 years ago!), but I usually throw a 120ish. I've got a 12 lb. ball from when I was in high school. I usually use a heavy 15 or 16 to get a lot of pin action, and I use the 12 for accuracy.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Throw a ball down a lane and knock over the pins at the end? I can't really see what the attraction is. :scratch

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685