Anti-spam law critics predict failure

Discussion in 'News' started by SimonV, Dec 12, 2003.

1. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

[​IMG]<font size="3">Anti-spam law critics predict failure</font>
    EU directive will be crippled by countries failing to comply, warn anti-spam experts

The new anti-spam directive which came into force 11-12-2003 will not stop unsolicited email, critics have warned. Under the terms of the European Privacy and Communications Directive, businesses sending marketing emails to consumers will have to obtain express permission from the recipient. It will be illegal to send emails or text messages to mobile phones unless companies can prove an existing customer relationship for similar products and services.

Failure to comply could lead to a £5,000 fine for each offence.

News source: vnunet.com

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Sandy
      Sandy
      Since the new directive almost all my daily spam has stopped ...

If the UK kills spam how will spam continue? - Is this another headline written by somebody non technical?
    2. Nelix
      Nelix
      I too, since the weekend seem to be recieving less and less spam everyday. Infact, over the weekend i only recieved 1 piece of spam
    3. SimonV
      SimonV
      I'm sure they will find a way around sending out spam. Somebody somewhere will have the motivation!