Another Self Studier

Discussion in 'A+' started by chrisleech, Oct 11, 2010.

1. chrisleech

chrisleech Bit Poster

Hi everyone,

Well i've just discovered this site and also Professor Messer's online videos which work well on the iphone for studying!

Had the Sixth edition Mike Meyers book and been studying from that for a while and writing detailed notes. Knowing that the exams are now 701/2 i've adapted the study for this.

About half way through the book and still going........coming from an Accounts background and currently in a warehouse as a credit crunch job i'll be chuffed when i pass so i can progress!

Other hobbies include Mountain biking and standard performance cars and all forms of motorsport....

Nice to see a good crop of people studying and passing!

I keep busy :thumbleft

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. chrisleech

chrisleech Bit Poster

Many thanks,

Also i forgot to add that previous to my current job i worked for The Sewell Group as a Junior in IT, trouble was all i really had was average skills with CCNA that i'd been studying but i couldn't take it all in to be quite honest so i didn't end up taking the exam. After three months of me and the IT Manager at Sewell looking after over 100 users the company's board decided i just wasn't qualified enough to take on the bulk of extra work which was shortly coming in the form of health centres and schools....

This was with great regret by my Manager as he'd invested so much time in me and sent me on courses.....

I caught up with an employee recently who said the company took on someone very skilled as i departed, and even then they were so snowed under!

A+ is a challenge for sure but i can relate to it more and looking forward to having it fully under my belt as a recognised Qualification

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  7. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :D

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680
  8. chrisleech

chrisleech Bit Poster

Well i've just taken the COMPTIA practice A+ exam (The 1st one) and got 68%, i knew i wasn't ready for the exam just yet but it gives me an idea where i need to hone my study, or at least not skim read over the earlier system material.

I think i've been focusing a bit too much on strictly XP and Vista/7 as there were a few questions relating to earlier OS's. It was challenging though and just goes to show i need to get on and study harder. Questions weren't as easy as some of the practice exams i've done from Proprofs, not picked up an exam questions book yet!

Anyway more work needed :oops:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  9. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Welcome!