Another pass for the 70-292

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Kitkatninja, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi Guys & Gals,

Took the 70-292 exam today and passed. This is after I rescheduled it 4 times. 1st was for the end of April, 2nd was for next week, 3rd was for this Thursday and the 4th was for this afternoon, but the exam provider said it would be ok if I did it this morning. There is only so much I can study and do before I go stir crazy. Anyway...

A 2 hour exam (140min including the time to read the instructions). 40 -56 questions I was told the exam has, mine had 40 questions. The biggest kick in the gut for me was DNS. The sim's overall weren't too bad, but you still have to know your stuff.

According to the score sheet these are the sections that you're tested on:

1. Manage Users, Computers, & Groups
    2. Manage & Maintain a server enviornment
    3. Manage & Implement Disaster Recovery
    4. Implement, Manage & Maintain Name Resolution
    5. Implement, Manage & Maintain Network Security

Off to work now.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Congratulations on your pass Ken

3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Congrats on the pass Ken!

I daresn't attempt it, I hear its a real monster! :biggrin

4. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Congrats man! Onto MCSE 2003 now! :biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  5. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass :alc

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi guys/gals,

That's funny cause everywhere I looked (on other forums :oops: ) everyone said the same thing, "this is a monster of an exam, very similar to 70-216 - the beast", "I've failed this exam 3 or 4 times", and the quotes go on and on. I'm not saying that it's an easy exam, I only got 775, but I can see where they're coming from. On the 2k route there weren't any simulation questions (that I can remember) and lets face it when you go for any MS exam, you're studying for that particular subject (eg Server, security, etc). On upgrade exams you have to revise everything you've learnt before as well as the updates to the OS/Network. Because you don't know what the questions will be, make sure that when you study do everything in theory as well as practice.

Just side tracking for a mo, when I finished the exam and click finish, the exam didn't tell me my score, at first I thought that I misread the end page saying that I passed :rolleyes:. It wasn't until I got my report sheet from reception did it sink in. :D

Thanks guys.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats on the pass! :biggrin

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  8. MarkN

MarkN Nibble Poster

Congratulations - been meaning to do 292/296 for a couple of years but still have not got around to it!!!

Certifications: MCSE NT4\W2K,CNE,CCEA,ASE
    WIP: CCNA
  9. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Well done m8. Can you stop passing exams now please? You are making me look bad. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada