Another one of those Passed 70 - 271 posts....

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Frank, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Frank

Frank Bit Poster

Passed with a score of 983! :blink:eek::biggrin

Got something wrong within Networking from the report that was printed but they won't say which question.

But hey I can't complain! Thank you to everyone who took the time to answer all of my (dumb) questions!

On too 70 - 272!

Thanks again guys!

2. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

congrats on your pass.....good score too :)

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  3. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

Nice one, great score.:)

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE, MCTS
    WIP: A few
  4. tbone152

tbone152 Nibble Poster

Congrats, great score. Good luck with the next one!

T

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: 70-270
  5. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats on the pass! :D

6. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Congrats :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  7. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Congrats! :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congrats on the pass. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  9. StormTHX

StormTHX Byte Poster

You better not be complaining with that score! Great job!:D

Certifications: MCDST, MCP (210), A+, ITIL Foundations
    WIP: Taking a break then onto MCSE
  10. Frank

Frank Bit Poster

Thanks guys, to the people still yet to take the exam my best advise is review your practice tests answers even if they are right so you can confirm as there is a %25 chance of you guessing the correct answer sometimes which doesn't mean you knew the correct answer :biggrin

As for how long it took me, i started in August last year...lost my job in October and started looking for work which put my studying on hold...got a new job 2 weeks later at which i had to catch up on the internal processes and write process documents while on the job and at home for work. I started to study full time last month and today I feel i accomplished something great after the last few months i've had. So over all 3 solid months of study got me to a point i was confident to take the test. But don't forget Microsofts second shot offer in case you don't pass, I signed up just in case also :)

Cheers guys,

Frank

11. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats:thumbleft

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  12. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

Great score!! Congrats :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA
  13. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  14. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  15. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Well done and congratulations!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  16. Frank

Frank Bit Poster

Thanks for all the support guys, so this is what geek love feels like? :p :rolleyes: :biggrin

17. del_port

del_port Byte Poster

Well done on the pass.

Was i correct about the amount of exam time 120 minutes, instead of 3 hours?
    And did you need the full amount of time to complete the exam,or did you get through the questions quicker than me?

Certifications: A+ and MCDST 70-271
    WIP: mcdst 272
  18. ally_uk

ally_uk Nibble Poster

Firstly How difficult was the exam? and what areas were you mainly tested on?

Secondly what materials did you use? right now I have CBT Nuggets and MS Press book

19. Frank

Frank Bit Poster

Yep you where....kind of misleading from Prometric if you ask me...they should put a side not of some kind to point out how much time the exam itself will have.

20. Frank

Frank Bit Poster

How difficult was the exam? It was super hard...wait..super easy...no...super hard! How i see it doesn't mean you will which is why you need to study and make the call when YOUR ready to take it...be honest to yourself and that moment will come.

What areas was i mainly tested on? Well I can't say...I like everyone and you when you take your exam have signed a NDA which means i can't say. Plus from reading this forum alof of people have the opinion it's different for everyone so it's not one set of questions.

Materials, I first finished the MS Press book, did all the prac tests in that then went and got Transcender since it's highly regarded. As for the CBT Nuggets I feel you can learn what they show if you took the time to look for the menus/settings yourself in the OS since i compared what was covered in them and felt sometimes it skipped things that where in the book. It's like those people who say the book was better than the movie, everyone has there view on it :)

I have to admit tho that while the exam doesn't cover all things you study you need to be ready incase you get asked which is why each exam is different. Plus if your going to work in a helpdesk/desktop support role expect that in your day to day role. So if your looking for the subjects you only need to learn to pass the exam i'm sorry it's not that easy. :dry

Good luck ether way and remember to register the 2nd shot offer then you will have a better idea if you fail what to expect and you get another chance for free! 8)

Good luck and don't and i mean DON'T give up!

Cheers,

Frank