Another joining the fold!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by MistaTwist, Dec 3, 2009.

1. MistaTwist

MistaTwist New Member

Hi All,

I remember my mate Ryan came on here a few years ago when working on his certs and whatnot, not sure if he's still here, but I've joined to find the best info on the MCTS (asp.net branch) so I can finally become a developer.

Some might say I'm leaving it a bit late, but if I'm good, it doesn't matter how old I am, right?

Besides, caffeine isn't ageist ;P

So yeah, good to be here, hoping to find as well as share info as I get it! :D

Paul.

Certifications: BSc (Hons)
    WIP: MCTS
  2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. MistaTwist

MistaTwist New Member

Cheers NB :)

My background's always been Maths, and Using Excel and VBA in my job at the moment, but have always had the kind of brain suited to programming, you know? So I've dabbled in C#, and the recent silverlight stuff to make web stuff basically, hopefully moving on to actual application development one day.

So finally, I've decided after tooling around with an eval copy of visual studio and input from some mates, I'm going to take the plunge, and ordered a self-training kit from amazon for one of the MCTS cert exams: 70-562.

Guessing I should probably post this elsewhere, but it's an intro, not a request for whether a "cold starter" can self-teach to get the MCTS or whether you actually need to be working in a dev role already to do this, so I'll plonk that one in the relevant place :)

Certifications: BSc (Hons)
    WIP: MCTS
  4. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums ! :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  5. Trogdor

Trogdor Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome aboard! I think that if you have the determination and interest to learn, you can get the MCTS without working in the industry (having a brain for programming and an endless supply of caffeine will only help you along :) ).

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
    WIP: ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, and BSc
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685