Another Interview

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by kevicho, Oct 16, 2008.

1. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Well after a cr*ppy day with 2 refusals (one an internal hire job - ie waste everyone elses time by advertising a job which is already gone - the other needed some specific knowledge to the law industry), have a few more outstanding will see how they go.

Anyways on a brighter note I have an interview for the 30th, filled in a application form a few weeks ago, tbh i put very little effort in to it, and thought I wouldnt even get an interview, but i have, weird.

Anyways how cr*ppy is the jobs market at the moment.

And as well how many agencies reply to follow ups, i think im at 50% success rate so far.

*edit, tbh im a little shocked as on the form it asked "would you be willing to work overtime" i responded "within reason" lol

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Sorry to hear you've had shoddy experiences so far Kev - good luck with your interview coming up.

My own boss said she normally prefers her IT staff to have prior legal experience, but as an existing member of her team recommended I apply, she took a chance in interviewing me. And decided she liked me. lol.

Let us know how you get on with the one coming up.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

That's because you guys work as an I.T department in a legal services company! :p If potential employers put too many specific requirements in their job advterisements then there won't be that many suitable applicants.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  4. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

And they lose out on a fantastic possible employee ;)

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
  5. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Exactly - more fool them. They're not all like that Kev. My boss gave me the job because I could do the job and had the skills, not because of any [insert random prerequisite experience].

Chin up mate, keep on trying :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  6. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Had interview today, went well, seemed like nice people to work with so will see how it goes, going to be a couple of weeks apparently before they decide, but i think i gave a good showing.

Also have a couple of other irons in the fire, although lack of drivers license is holding me back again, I think I should sort it out sooner rather than later.

7. bash687

bash687 Bit Poster

good luck kev dont worry you will get it man lol
    what type of job you going for?

8. vgarg

vgarg Nibble Poster

Keep going mate :dry

Certifications: ECDL;CIW;HNC Business Computing
    WIP: A+;MCDST;N+;Bsc Computing