another Interview, running out of excuses..

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by VantageIsle, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Pete01

Pete01 Kilobyte Poster

Glad you find it useful! Thanks for the feedback :D

Certifications: MCP (NT4) CCNA
    WIP: 70-669, Learning MSI packaging
  2. Indo77

Indo77 Nibble Poster

VantageIsle,

Have you considered, until you find an entry level IT Job, to find another job in the field you are in just to escape this idiot of a boss. No one should have to up with bullies like this. This guy reminds me a lot of the typical bosses I had to deal with when I was in my late teens/early 20s. I remember before the minimum wage was introduced working for a miserable £80 a week doing manual labour work. The idiot bosses would argue with you constantly over trival matters and got a kick of humiliating young lads that started. Point is, aim for the entry level IT job, but if this guy is so difficult to work with, find another job and get out of there. Your peace of mind comes first.

Certifications: BSc (Hons) HNC
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Your boss is taking the piss, I am sure if you look on the net youll find what he is doing with the holidays is illegal, I get 25 days plus bank holidays which is the norm I thought.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Indo77

Indo77 Nibble Poster

I agree. By the sounds of it this guy could get into a lot of trouble for what he is doing. It is completely against the law to do this sort of stuff.

Certifications: BSc (Hons) HNC
  5. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  6. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

Yeah, I have promised myself that if I don't find an IT job by the end of july I will find another job just to get out of this place. But lets hope it does not come to that. :D

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  7. sebstah

sebstah Nibble Poster

i would even ask if the interview could be moved to before work after after, i had mine moved to 07:15am went for 30 mins raced back to work got changed in the car (casual friday) and walked in like i just got off the train.
    Some places can be pretty flexiable when they know u cant get time off or have to call sick to make a interview (even more so when they think u could be a asset to there company).
    good luck with the interview which ever way you go. :)

Certifications: A+,70-270,70-290
    WIP: 70-620
  8. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

That’s a fair point, why not ask to have the interview out of your normal working hours?

If not just say you are having car trouble and take the day off work! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

BTW you dont have to put your boss as a ref you can put down a manager you get on with.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?