another interview - maybe this one will be the one!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Mikeyboy, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy Kilobyte Poster

Hi Chaps

Well you may recall I had an interview recently (last thursday) which I didn't get :( still waiting for proper feedback on that one... BUT I have an interview for Friday morning :D

It is a Junior IT Support Officer, I applied for it weeks ago but had forgot all about it, gave them a ring yesterday to chase it up as I hadn't heard anything and they said they have had 100's of applications for this one... but that they would check and call me back etc etc... Got a call this morning asking me to come in for interview! I am pleased as on one website alone it showed as having had 113 applications :ohmy plus whoever else has advertised it, on their website etc so it's nice to be picked at least!!

Roll on Friday 8)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
    Certifications: VCP,MCSA, MCP, MCDST, MCITP, MCTS, A+, N+
  2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Good luck for friday:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Good luck, your persistance is going to pay off soon, believe me....been there, done that, grew out of the t-shirt LOL :D

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  4. Alex399

Alex399 Byte Poster

Good luck for the interview on Friday mate :D !

If you don't have any luck with this one then like Nelix said just be persistant then it will pay off and you will be reaping the rewards be it physical in terms of salary or mental in terms of acheivement!

Good Luck!

WIP: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST
  5. Troppo

Troppo New Member

Good luck for Friday. I'm applying for similar roles myself at the moment but I'm in Norwich, so we're not competing :biggrin

6. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy Kilobyte Poster

Well I had the interview, think it went quite well but just have to wait 'til next week now to see how it went!

They are interviewing 8 people, the IT manager did say that my CV "jumped out" at her, which is good considering they had 100s of applications!

:)

7. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Good to hear the interview went well.

Fingers crossed for next week, mate.:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  8. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Waiting is the worst part....... I know as I'm waiting too, should hear today though/.

Fingers crossed for you.

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  9. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Good Luck, hopefully everything goes well.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  10. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy Kilobyte Poster

Thanks everyone! Will report back as soon as I get a yay or nay...

Yep I hate the waiting... so good luck to you and if you ain't heard by the end of the day, give 'em a call or you will be worrying all weekend! :)

11. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy Kilobyte Poster

Just an update on this, or rather a non-update, I rang yesterday to see how it was going and was told they are still interviewing, and also have a couple more on Friday so couldn't tell me anything yet... BUT they did tell me that I am still in the "maybe" pile, not the "reject" pile so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed! So maybe tomorrow I will know...