Another CV for review

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by AndreK, Feb 27, 2010.

1. AndreK

AndreK Bit Poster

After unsuccessfully applying for several jobs and not even getting a reply for recruiters I've come to the conclusion that its all down to my cv and covering letter, so any pointers are welcome. Thanks.

Attached Files:

• CV.doc
      File size:
      18 KB
      Views:
    • CL.doc
      File size:
      16.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Just a few suggestions from a quick glance...

1. Under "key skills" - bullet points, sentences are long. Reduce them to short meaningful bullet points.

2. Format is good (eg Professional certs, then education, then experience), however you may want to use a template from MS to improve the layout, for example (not too flashy, but not to bland).

3. Optional, join a professional IT Association.

4. Along with your non-professional experience, also make sure that you demostrate your soft skills (transferable skills) that you've developed and will add to the overall effectiveness to the department that you want to join.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Mr_Cellophane

Mr_Cellophane Nibble Poster

You change mid sentence between 1st and 3rd person. Stick to one or the other. Opinion varies as to which is best so it doesn't really matter which you chose.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDST, MCNE, PRINCE 2 and ITIL
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  4. AndreK

AndreK Bit Poster

Thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciate it.