1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another booky question

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 Exams' started by dales, Jan 22, 2008.

1. dales

dales Gigabyte Poster

Hi All,

I've started studying the 290 now and feel that the resources I have dont quite cut it.

A bit of background is I've supported AD environment in a 1/2nd line roll for a shade over 12 months, now I work in an NDS environment so cant really practice many of the 290 objectives at work. I've got a domain set up at home with a DC/fileserver/wsus server and workstation (basic net diag attached).

I have the learnkey video material and mspress 290 and examcram 290 book. I feel the mspress book and examcram both are a bit light on explaining the subjects, and rather than just blurting out text word for word I want to learn everything properly the same as my mcdst and 270.

Basically I am looking at gettiung the sybex book but wondered if people already have experience/views with its content, is it extensive and detailed or just a vaguely pointing to what the objectives are about. If so I'll stick with reading the technet articles etc.

Attached Files:

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. nicolinux

nicolinux Byte Poster

I think you have all you need

Certifications: mcse win2k3, mcts x4. mcitp enterprise admin
    WIP: 70-680
  3. dales

dales Gigabyte Poster

Cool, thanks for that just wondered if there was any better references out there:D

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
  4. PompeyFC

PompeyFC Nibble Poster

In addition to the MSPress Book and Exam Cram book I got he Windows Server 2003 Administrators Companion - 1400 pages and read up on some of the topics in there and I also read the first 3 chapters of the server 2003 terminal server book

unfortunately I do not think either book covers terminal servers very well. check technet for a few good articles on stuff your not sure on aswell

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, A+, 70-270, 70-290, Network+
    WIP: Windows 7
  5. dales

dales Gigabyte Poster

Thanks for that, I've got something similar I think its called administrators pocket consultant, I am straying away from that abit as it covers R2, and as i understand the exam doesnt.