Another book needed

Discussion in 'A+' started by reverb, Feb 22, 2010.

1. reverb

reverb Byte Poster

Hi,

I put my A+ on hold last year but due to restart it the coming weeks. I already got the Mike Meyers book AIO Sixth edition but I find quite hard to take in all that information. I think the book goes on too much. I would like something that's concise and straight to the point.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Well... the point isn't to just fill your head full of useless information... it's to teach you in such a way so that you understand the concepts. And Mike's book does a great job with that. If you don't want to learn all that "other stuff", why not just skim his book?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

His passport book (3rd edition for 600 series exams) is straight to the point and a good revision tool. Remember your not just studying to pass an exam your studying to know this stuff for life use both books even if you have to struggle through the AIO

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

I agree though. AIO books is a bit bloated imho.

@OP: If you want something straight on the point why not just google all the stuff. You have to understand that reading does not mean learning. Learning means researching and finding all different resources on the topic. If for example processor and socket descriptions are too long and wordy find another source for this information.

At the end of the day it's not about which books you've read. It's about what you know.

WIP: Uhmm... not sure