Annoying Advertisements

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by BosonMichael, Aug 17, 2007.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I think if I see the banner ad with the three dancing silhouettes stating SEE DEGREES NOW! one more time, I'm gonna have to jump through the screen and take out some revenge on one or more of them. :dry

Anybody else have any adverts, online or offline, that just annoy you?

I used to really dislike the one from AOL that said, "AOL *is* the Internet!" and I'd be like, :blink ... that's just wrong.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Funnily enough, I did a corporate seminar once - and one of the things we covered was advertising.

The guy running it asked us what we thought of current adverts.

There was a bit of mumbling about 'that one for that new car was quite good' - but everyone was a bit vague.

Then someone mentioned one that they hated - and it took off from there.

The result was (as explained rather smugly afterwards) that we remember much more detail about ads that annoy us than ads that are good.

Go figure...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I'm not a fan of adverts I have to say, however I do like funny ones every now & again, especially the ones from Orange (the mobile phone company), see here. However the non-funny adverts from Orange are a waste of time, imo, half the time I can't understand what it's about.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Most adverts annoy me but the adverts that most annoy me are the ones for a certain injury lawyers on TV.

Its always the same but with different people in a fake lie detector place. "Do I have sign a credit agreement", "No" will I receive 100% of my claim", "Absolutley"

Always the same with expensive looking adverts but they look crap and are extremley annoying.

I just want to kick the TV in when it comes on :x :x :x :x :x

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. JonGlory

JonGlory Byte Poster

Loved the original xbox advert with the woman in labour and the baby been shoot out the womb, fly through the sky while ageing and land in a grave (think it was banned after a while).

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3uSQRtW-3G0

Tango adverts where good a while back as well.

WIP: LIFE
  6. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

My first experience of a funny ad was the little potatoes saying they want to be smiths crisps lol

To be honest i will buy something if the ad has made me laugh, dunno why and ill try and avoid anything that really annoys me .

The Orange ads at the mo i do like, but theyve stopped the one that says something about big haired harry etc

I personally cant stand ads for movies when they say The sun rates this movie as the best epic of the century, or the mirror says i laughed my **** off, when what they really mean is they have got some **** of a reporter just to lie about it to get people to go and watch it.

With movies i have to see myself then judge and if im not sure ill ask a friend if they have seen it etc

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680