1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annoying accents on CBT Video's

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Asterix, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

Are the only good trainers in this world born with the most anoying accents? I understand that most training vid companies are american (trainsignal, VTC, CBT, Testout) and therefore the accents are 'Foreign' to my english self but geez! Dont get me wrong, i love this style of training to compliment traditional book study, but my GF makes me sit at the other end of the house with headphones on and i fully understand why :cry: Anyway im off to do some more CBT watching, now i have finished posting my rants and let off some steam from my 3 hour session this eve :twisted:

2. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

I understand what you're saying there mine is exactly the same - its good she's deaf/hard-of-hearing as she can just switch her hearing-aids off (her words not mine! :biggrin)

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  3. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

Unfortunately mine didnt come fitted with a hearing aid! Would be really convienient for lots of situations if she did tho :p

4. SimonD

SimonD Terabyte Poster Moderator

Thats why you need an office :D

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    WIP: VCP6-CMA, VCAP-DCD and Linux + (and possibly VCIX-NV).
  5. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

Simon, You are right again! Maybe one day :(

6. SimonD

SimonD Terabyte Poster Moderator

But mate, if you have a garden with some space in it then you can build an office (wooden building don't need planning permission).

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    WIP: VCP6-CMA, VCAP-DCD and Linux + (and possibly VCIX-NV).
  7. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

yeah man the Shed Office was pretty popular back in the UK, I know a ton of people who built them
    even over here! as people start using their spare rooms for ya know, kids and stuff!

Speaking of CBT, I got given a free copy of TrainSignals new vSphere Pro series when I was at PEX by David Davis, im pretty chuffed and need to actually go watch it all :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  8. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

thats the problemo :P nice thought tho, maybe one day!

9. kevndcks

kevndcks Bit Poster

Oh so a few people have come across the distinct accents. Only in CBT will you find pronunciations "rout-er" and "dart-a", fun times.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  10. DapperDan

DapperDan Nibble Poster

When I was studying for my A+, James Conrad on the CBT Nuggets vids for that cert tried too hard to be funny! I remember him cracking a joke about FDDI sense and 50 (Fiddy) Cent :dry! One of them jokes that it's so bad it's funny :).

When watching the Network+(2009) stuff, Michael Shannon's voice is very one-tone and hard to sit through. I managed it in the end, but boy it was hard!

Certifications: ITIL v3; A+, Network+
  11. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

I think Jeremy Ciora (sp?) is brilliant.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  12. BrizoH

BrizoH Byte Poster

Seconded, his CCNA videos are very good

Certifications: CCNA, CCNA Security
    WIP: CCNP
  13. kevndcks

kevndcks Bit Poster

That is standup comedy at its best in the IT world. One word for that joke: EPIC.

14. JamesCG

JamesCG Bit Poster

dude the guy that does the preplogic videos is American, ha ha! I think its preplogic.com. I used them a while back and the videos are pretty cool. Don't know if things have changed now.

15. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I was using a Trainsignal set of video's recently, and the guy was American which I have no problem with. But he did this stupid chuckle after almost anything he said and it really drove me up the wall.

I still hear it in my nightmares! :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada