Anime series fans thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by skulkerboyo, Oct 15, 2009.

1. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Any anime fans out there? Make your recomendations but not movies. I'm looking for some new stuff to get my teeth into

Full Metal Alchemist still stands as my number 1 but I'm enjoying the pace of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood a little more.

About 22 episodes into Death note and enjoying it. I've tried naruto but it just feels childish.

must . . .have . . . . more .. . . . .Anime

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I'm one, was very disappoint when they stop the Anime channel on Sky :(

Where/what channel do you watch Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood? Full Metal Alchemist was excellent, btw.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. skulkerboyo

I have to either download it or find a watch online site for FMA Brotherhood as its so new. I think you can watch it stateside but we never get anything that good here and its too new for DVD . . I dont normally condone this type of behaviour btw but needs must

There are fansub versions available but sometimes the translations are iffy. So far a guy called eclipse appears to be providing the best fansubs.

The first load of Full Metal Alchemist is available on dvd though everywhere and I have a boxed set. The second FMA is a retelling of the the Manga that the first anime was based on. At least thats my understanding

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
    Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
  4. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

death note is the only one i've wanted to watch and completed.
    others bore me.

I'm sure Shinigami likes death note too ;p

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I never got anime.

I find it strangely creepy!

:ohmy

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  6. skulkerboyo

Quite a few animes have bored me. Hence my need for peoples recommendations

What have you seen that was creepy? Once I saw this cartoon that had a raging talking duck who insisted on wearing a shirt and hat but exposing his lower half the whole time. That was creepy stuff:twisted:

7. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Well, if he'd worn trousers they would have gotten wet every time he went for a paddle in his pond.
    That's what ducks do dontcherknow.

:biggrin

8. skulkerboyo

I'll try that excuse next time I'm out and about without my trousers

9. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Next time?

:eek:

10. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

I find it hard to keep watching Anime but one series I did enjoy was Guyver. I enjoyed the (non cartoon) movies as a child and just HAD to have it when I saw the Anime series in HMV - the movies were far better when I watched them as a child though. :(

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+
  11. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I've mainly watched the films so far, so interested in any recommendations for series too.

For the record, my main films are the softer fare - Studio Ghibli movies - as well as the Appleseed films (old and new).

As far as series go, my viewing has been steretypical so far - Guyver and Ghost in the Shell (either of which I would recommend).

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  12. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

I've watched both Ghost in the Shell series and thought the 2nd one was better.
    Also been watching Gunslinger Girl, but only 4 episodes in. My sons been watching Bleach but i cant get into that one.

I used to watch a lot of manga films back in the early 90's, when it was at its peak here in the UK. I liked Appleseed which has been remade, Tank Police, again remae since, Monster city, the Crying Freeman anime films (not teh live action one as that was an american rehash) and many more. Oh did i forget to mention that iconic film?? AKIRA!!!

Now its hard to find decent anime on TV in teh UK since Sky stopped it. What i do get to see is always disjointed episodes which make any series very hard to follow.

Ihave borrowed froma friend and yet to see, Bubblegum Crisis, Vipers creed, Please teacher and Blood+.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  13. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Death Note the film is good but the only manga series I liked was Urotsukidoji or Legend of the overfiend.

Some of it got lost in translation to the UK and also the last couple of parts got banned in the UK too. I'm not 100% sure why but it could have been something to do with monsters raping people in just about every other scene :blink:D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  14. Len

Len Byte Poster

I watch tons of anime......

Naruto Shippuden(Naruto is older now, and its abit more serious)
    FMA
    Darker than black
    Onegai Teacher
    Lovely complex
    Nabari no ou
    Death Note (Rarely)

theres a few more but I can't remember 'em all lol.

If you don't mind streams, you can watch lots of anime here

Certifications: BND IT Practitioners
    WIP: Comptia A+
  15. skulkerboyo

Well, I was ill over the weekend so finished death note. Quite good. Started watching Paranoia agent and Serial experiments lain. Watched Cat soup as well. Very funny and strange

16. mallet

mallet Kilobyte Poster

Cowboy bebop was and still is one of may favs. I remember it was shown on Sky: CNX. That was some years ago. And then I brought the entire dvd disk one by one. The series only has 26 eps plus one movie. it might be a bit on the short side, but the pace of the series is good.

wasnt the channel called anime central on ch 195?

-Mallet

Certifications: MCP
  17. myfunkieststrole

myfunkieststrole New Member

Preview
    Hmm what hasn't been mentioned already...

Trigun is my personal fave, and the original Dragonball series is really good! (you mentioned naruto was childish but theres a lot of adult humor in original DB....to the extent i was stunned in places it was allowed!)

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: having a go at programming C++
  18. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I've added most of these to my 'to rent' list. Time for some different watching :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  19. skulkerboyo

Can't find any info on preview. Try googleing preview anime and you'll see what I mean. Link anyone?

Darker than black has gone on my list