Android Lollipop Update

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Haroon Mustafa, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Haroon Mustafa

Haroon Mustafa Byte Poster

Who has received the update from Google?

What do you think?

Certifications: Cisco IT Essens - Various College Btech Certs
    WIP: Study CCNA 1 / apprentice at Level 2 Stage
  2. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Im still waiting. The note 3 should get it this week.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
    Haroon Mustafa likes this.
  3. reverb

reverb Byte Poster

I have on my Nexus tablet. Looks much nicer but it's a tad slower because of the age of the hardware.

4. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I've had it for a few weeks now on my HTC one M7 and I really like it. At the moment I think the only downside for me is the reduced controls on the locked home screen which I used to use quite a lot of control music apps etc.
    As far as I can gather it seems like its a security thing but I've not had the time to delve into that too much yet.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  5. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I haven't received the update.. as my HTC is the 510 I'm wondering whether it will be compatible??

6. Haroon Mustafa

7. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I received IOS 8.2 a couple of weeks ago, it's great although there does appear to be an issue with storing media imported via iTunes (videos created as tv shows used to import in to individual folders, now all of them get imported to a single folder, not great).

Sorry, it was getting to Droid orientated (I had a HTC One a couple of years and really didn't get on with it).

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  8. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

It's a Droid thread, don't come in here spouting your IOS rubbish! :p

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  9. mojorisin

mojorisin Kilobyte Poster

Side loaded it to my Nexus 7 2012 when it came out looks great ran like a dog, then ran the update to the update and it was slightly better

Over the air update to the latest version of Lollipop and although things look great i think with the age of the hardware it is far too laggy now

My sone still has his on kit kat and it flies compared to mine apps hang constantly, sometimes a restore helps for a while and also clearing the temp file using the boot option

WIP: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services MD-100
  10. Haroon Mustafa

I have been waiting for months on Xperia Z2. Surprised with your Nexus, i thought Google had delivered 5.0 on all Nexus devices first..

11. Haroon Mustafa

Crikey! 2012, i thought the update was a recent announcement - October 2014. - The problem i am worried about is like what you are saying. Will my device last longer with 5.0 or KitKat 4.4.4 - I have an Xperia Z2, its not an old phone - summer 2014 - but Sony release 2 flagships a year so i would not be surprised if they have gave up on my device and are expecting everyone to follow on to the Z3 - Kind of like an Apple strategy - follow the leader lol.

12. Haroon Mustafa

Grr - i do not follow Apple so much, my dad has an iPhone 6+ and my brother an 5s. They love them, i hate them. So restricted with an Apple product. Not my kinda way. They work great though - easy & reliable - but who wants that? lol

I had a HTC G1, G2 and a Desire. They all worked great for 6 months then they all had a defect, a sudden burst of crap! One had a camera problem - another a battery problem - another an overheating problem. It was ridiculous! they were running on Android and i had not rooted either of them but they all got a problem that no other user had! It was the same for my friends!

So, after i spend money repairing them, by searching online and chasing HTC but after all the effort nothing had been fixed -.-

I do still like Android, it was more off a HTC problem to me!!

13. Haroon Mustafa

That is good to hear! I am worried that i wont be able to move my apps to an SD card as that is really useful! I do not like the KitKat idea where you cannot move your apps to save memory on your phone.

With the new deign look - i am actually looking forward to that - about time i had a change!! I have had Z2 for over 8 months now and i feel bored of it! lol

14. mojorisin

mojorisin Kilobyte Poster

Nexus 7 2012 model not the year lol

WIP: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services MD-100
  15. Haroon Mustafa

Oh my

16. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

George Takei!?!

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  17. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

See I have enough of technology not working at work, the last thing I want is it not working at home, at least with IOS it just 'works' and means my wife and kids don't moan at me. Unlike the time I changed the wifes PC over to Ubuntu, she lasted 6 months which to be fair to her was longer than I thought she would last :clap

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  18. Haroon Mustafa

Aha! Well played wifey!! My sister once tried watching some chick flick on Netflix and she managed from watching on Netflix to getting completely lost and downloading an "update" of Adobe Flash Player from a website called -freeflashplayers.to :L An Ubuntu OS would not last with her for no longer than 10 minutes lol

19. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

My aging S4 got it the other day mate, looks good I think

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  20. Haroon Mustafa

Samsung S2 was impressive, that was a while ago! Sticking to Sony now hoping the Android Lollipop is good on my Z2!! if so, i weill buy a Z4 in September:D