And he's off

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by skulkerboyo, Nov 6, 2007.

1. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Well its 7.30 I've got my best suit on and I'm off on a triathlon of interviews. I'll let you know how they go this evening as I'm on the road all day. Ciao for now:D

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  2. Amine

Amine Byte Poster

Good Luck from me.

WIP: Exchange
  3. vlb

vlb Byte Poster

best of luck mate

Certifications: MCDST, MCP 70-294
    WIP: MCSE
  4. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Good luck and wrap up warm its ruddy freezing :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  5. skulkerboyo

Well making a pit stop as the first one took just an hour and was only 10 mins from my house by train. Went really well but there was a shift in atmosphere when they queried my driving licence. I have a full bike licence and am halfway to my drivers licence. I was under the impression it was an office based role.:blink Obviously they have plans above and beyond the description of dutys they gave me. Still it was a good interview and if nothing else I'll take some experience from it.
    The written test was a good one. Typical in places i.e. What is DHCP?. Explain the diff between ping and traceroute? What protocol does citrix use? Some server 2003 permissions stuff and one question on star trek. Laughed my ass of at that one. Had fun
    Next one at 2:30 for desktop support analyst. Time for a costume change

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Good luck mate :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Best of luck mate! :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  8. skulkerboyo

Thank gawd thats over. Of all the interviews the second was by far the best. The interview was fine and the tech test was grreat too. They didnt do the typical "what is dhcp?" The questions were alot more like "so when imaging a system what things do you have to bear in mind?" and then your left to ramble about what you feel is important. It all felt alot more relevant to the kind of job I'd be doing than other interviews I attended where the q's felt more like the I.T. manager was playing quiz master for no particular reason. In my opinion the method these guys used was alot better. Rather than being asked "what is ping?" They gave me an almost open ended question within which part of the answer/solution would involve ping and other tools. Thoroughly enjoyed it and although it sounds weird I'd happily commend them on the interview style they used.

Now just to wait

9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Now that the interviews are over, make sure to email the lot of them saying that you enjoyed meeting them and so on. :wink:

Certifications: A+ and Network+