An idea for those out of work

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by systempsyche, May 24, 2011.

1. systempsyche

systempsyche Nibble Poster

I have an idea for everyone with certs but are out of work, it involves a database and website for customers to see who is available in their area for competitive fees.
    It will differ from other sites/organisations as the techs are those from here alone (certforums) and they will cover aswell as computer and laptop repairs, ipads, iphones, and windows mobile phones.
    If anyone is interested in this idea, you are welcome to respond.

Certifications: A+, network+, server+, mcdst, mcp, ccent
    WIP: mac integration, ACSP, ACTC
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Sounds a bit like orderwork.co.uk, lots of freelancers type outfits already out there.

Trouble is they tend to only get rare one off type jobs or cheapskate type rates. Hence why most people stick to the regular contract market or running their own business fulltime.

3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

or even odesk, I've considered it but for the amount of faffing you have to do for a few dollars I'd rather study and bump my pay by moving on from actual jobs. Although I'd be all over those sites should I find myself out of work for any reason.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  4. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Whot like this: You Technical

This is a website that I have been working on for the last few months, it's not finished yet, needs a little bit of debugging but it is enough for people to post a job and for people to bid on a job. It works along the same lines as freelancer but the site is free, in the sense that I do not take a cut of anything, the only money that changes hands is between the customer and the provider.

You can post any technical job for free and bid for free.

I hope to have the site up and running within the next couple of weeks

Nice

Joe

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  5. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

The posters above are correct. There are already dozens of sites out there providing this service - all funded, run as going concerns, with advertising budgets and having been in existence for many years. They're all useless for the amount of work you have to put in for even one job, and everyone who hires from them expects the freelance they hire to work for next to nothing.

It's a nice idea, but it doesn't work.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  6. systempsyche

i hear you guys, however it will have a limit of techs on the site. so each person gets adequate amount of work. Also the site would be free and each techs mobile number will be on the site so instead of you searching for jobs you get contacted direct by customers.

7. systempsyche

Yes this seems a start, however many other organisations do this already and clients havent got time to post jobs and wait for reply. How about like i said just posting the techs with those specific skills mobile number. Id be happy to run my ideas to you and hopefully incorporate into your site?