Am I the youngest MCSE?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by zebulebu, Oct 18, 2010.

1. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

I don't mind a laugh JK, far from it. It's just this particular laugh is derived from a 14 year old girl who is (was?) a member here. Just because i don't find it fun to piss take this girl, doesn't mean i'm being overly serious.

As i said, how would you feel if this was your daughter, in this same position? I doubt you would stand for anyone taking the piss out of your kids, let alone a bunch of adults.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

OK mate fair enough, you make a good point and tbh I haven't read all of this girls posts, I just got the gist that it was more a bragging session than a question.... but if I'm wrong and indeed if the member in question thinks I'm being out of order I am very sorry, every member on here is equal and valued and while I'm being honest, perhaps I've been in a bit of a cut throat office for too long, in that where I work, if someone gets some stick they give it right back twice as bad. Its just a high pressure dog eat dog kinda world I'm working in at the moment I suppose...... :S

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

OK

First of all, this is an adult forum. It isn't Bebo. If the poster this light-hearted dig was aimed at wants to post on an adult forum, she should accept that she will receive adult responses to her posts.

Secondly, making three seperate posts which amount to nothing more than advertising your MCT/MOS/<Insert other MS Office related cert here> status and spamming your training videos is no better than someone posting on here simply to advertise their company/products. We don't put up with that from other people (some of them with hundreds or thousands of posts (BM, Cisco Joe etc), so why should I treat her any differently from anyone else just because she's fourteen?

Thirdly, I think if she read the posts, she'd be far more upset with your patronising defence of her - you're inferring that she can't stick up for herself or justify her own actions - than she would about my not-so-subtly mickey-taking.

Finally, the number of posts a member has here means nothing. It appears that somebody has a chip on their shoulder about it - but it certainly isn't me. In fact, one of the reasons I keep coming back here (admittedly not as often much any more) is that, from time to time, new members join who make it more interesting. It isn't about how many posts you have - it's about what you contribute to the community here. Spamming (from a fourteen year old or anyone else) isn't contributing.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  4. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

I have never seen anywhere that says this is a strictly adult forum? If that is the case, the user should not have been able to join, or she should have been banned when she revealed her age.

I am in no way patronising her. She justified her own actions already in a better way than i ever could of done for her. I thought that was the end of it. Then i see this thread (which wasn't even funny by the way, joke had already been done in her thread) with more piss taking, i just felt like sharing how ridiculous i thought it was for a bunch of adults to start going at a 14 year old girl AGAIN.

And if you have a problem with her sharing her training videos, then go start a thread or send a PM to someone about how upset you are that someone is spamming with free traning videos. Taking the piss out of her was never going to resolve that so i don't know why you used that as some sort of reason.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
    Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  5. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

:blink There may be some irony in this statement.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

So, now that everyone has had their fill of pisstaking and dummy spitting I suggest we return to the mature and professional IT people that we (allegedly) are.:biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I'd tell my daughter the same thing that these folks are telling this girl.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Well said.

Certifications: A few.