Am i "nearly" ready?

Discussion in 'A+' started by paulwatson5, Sep 26, 2010.

1. paulwatson5

paulwatson5 Byte Poster

Ok so i have been studying for the A+ for w hile now but its taken a lot longer than i expected due to new baby and a lot less time on my hands.
    Anyway, i am comfortable with all of the book apart from 3 chapters where i need to cram, networking, printers and conifguring (as its vista and not xp).

Anyway, on the test exams i got 80% for the first exam and 79% for the 2nd exam so 1 pass and 1 fail.
    When i looked on what sections i mucked up on it was the 3 subjects listed above so i know where i need to imporve.

Anyway, i read the networking section again today and made loads of notes etc and its sinking in now.

So, i have a week off work at the end of october and i aim to do the exams then, one on the tuesday and one on the thursday so i have a few days in between to do more cramming once i find out what i didnt do so well on in the first exam (hoping i pass still though)

Do you all think this is a realistic aim doing them next month?

Need the A+ done so i can self study MCDST quickly.

Certifications: CompTIA A+ (220-701 & 220-702)
    WIP: CompTIA Network +
  2. chuckles

chuckles Kilobyte Poster

Not sure which practice exams you are talking about. Maybe the ones in the book? IMHO I have generally not been satisfied with exam questions in books. They usually seemed too easy. I can't comment on the Meyers book because I haven't seen that one but have seen other books for this and other certs. I'm a firm believer in using a good quality practice exam (especially if you've never taken any of these certs before!). I have heard it many times before (and practice it myself) that I want to be consistently scoring in the 90's before I fell I'm ready. This philosophy has not let me down yet! Actually, I usually use more than one practice exam vendor because they all have their own feel. One with explanations will help you learn. Boson, uCertify, PrepLogic, Transcender are a few that come to mind. Good luck!

Certifications: '07/'09 A+, N+, S+
    WIP: maybe something Apple
  3. veloce

veloce Byte Poster

its been said here before, but it is posible to "overstudy" for this.

You have gone over the areas that you fell down on, so continue revising and cramming if you feel the need, but give yourself a break at the same time.

Best of luck:D

Certifications: A+
    WIP: BSc Hons Computing & IT